Feb 4, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
Monday night was an easy win for the Sixers — they raced out to a 22-6 lead and really the rest of the game was pretty sloppy and ugly — but it came with a price for Philly:
You can see what happened in the video above — Young was battling with Gustavo Ayon for a loose ball and tweaked it in the process, then just for dramatic effect went down right in front of the Sixers bench. He did not return to the game and seemed to have a pretty bad limp but we have no further information. Hamstrings are notoriously tricky injuries, ones that can take a long time to heal properly.
Young is averaging 15.1 points per game and 7.4 rebounds a game as a key player off the bench for the Sixers this season.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4