Feb 4, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
Monday night was an easy win for the Sixers — they raced out to a 22-6 lead and really the rest of the game was pretty sloppy and ugly — but it came with a price for Philly:
You can see what happened in the video above — Young was battling with Gustavo Ayon for a loose ball and tweaked it in the process, then just for dramatic effect went down right in front of the Sixers bench. He did not return to the game and seemed to have a pretty bad limp but we have no further information. Hamstrings are notoriously tricky injuries, ones that can take a long time to heal properly.
Young is averaging 15.1 points per game and 7.4 rebounds a game as a key player off the bench for the Sixers this season.
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 1
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30