Feb 4, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
Monday night was an easy win for the Sixers — they raced out to a 22-6 lead and really the rest of the game was pretty sloppy and ugly — but it came with a price for Philly:
You can see what happened in the video above — Young was battling with Gustavo Ayon for a loose ball and tweaked it in the process, then just for dramatic effect went down right in front of the Sixers bench. He did not return to the game and seemed to have a pretty bad limp but we have no further information. Hamstrings are notoriously tricky injuries, ones that can take a long time to heal properly.
Young is averaging 15.1 points per game and 7.4 rebounds a game as a key player off the bench for the Sixers this season.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6