Feb 4, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
Monday night was an easy win for the Sixers — they raced out to a 22-6 lead and really the rest of the game was pretty sloppy and ugly — but it came with a price for Philly:
You can see what happened in the video above — Young was battling with Gustavo Ayon for a loose ball and tweaked it in the process, then just for dramatic effect went down right in front of the Sixers bench. He did not return to the game and seemed to have a pretty bad limp but we have no further information. Hamstrings are notoriously tricky injuries, ones that can take a long time to heal properly.
Young is averaging 15.1 points per game and 7.4 rebounds a game as a key player off the bench for the Sixers this season.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 25
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 76
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14