Feb 4, 2013, 9:27 PM EST
Monday night was an easy win for the Sixers — they raced out to a 22-6 lead and really the rest of the game was pretty sloppy and ugly — but it came with a price for Philly:
You can see what happened in the video above — Young was battling with Gustavo Ayon for a loose ball and tweaked it in the process, then just for dramatic effect went down right in front of the Sixers bench. He did not return to the game and seemed to have a pretty bad limp but we have no further information. Hamstrings are notoriously tricky injuries, ones that can take a long time to heal properly.
Young is averaging 15.1 points per game and 7.4 rebounds a game as a key player off the bench for the Sixers this season.
- Report: Rockets look to trade Asik next week, Varejao in play 0
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 0
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 8
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)