Feb 4, 2013, 12:06 AM EST
With Rajon Rondo out, even more of the late-game shot creation responsibility for Boston is going to fall to Paul Pierce. He had a lot of it anyway, but the Rondo option gone so it is all Paul Pierce.
Pierce sinks the dagger into the Clippers comeback attempt in Boston with this step-back three here that sealed the Celtics 106-104 win.
The Celtics remain undefeated since Rondo went down.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 20
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16