Feb 4, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points like you loved the Beyonce halftime show.
• Set your DVRs: JaVale McGee should return to the Nuggets rotation Tuesday. That’s bad news if your name is Timofey Mozgov, but good news if you’re looking for something to put in your next blooper reel.
• Brandon Jennings has changed agents to sign with Jeff Shwartz. What’s that mean? Jennings is a restricted free agent next summer and the man wants to get paid. As Ken Berger points out at CBSSports.com, Shwartz’s pattern is to get players in bigger markets where they have more endorsement opportunities. Not ideal for the Bucks (although they can match any offer Jennings gets next summer.
• Since talk of a potential move to Seattle started, the Kings have really struggled on the court.
• In the wake of a lot of Super Bowl betting, not to mention a major match fixing scandal in the international soccer world, there’s a great story in the New Yorker asking if we as America need to reconsider our national ban on sports gambling. It’s not a simple debate.
• Some interesting statistical milestones to watch in the NBA as we head into the second half of the season.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15