Feb 4, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
There is only one real cure for the plantar fasciitis that Joakim Noah is battling — rest.
So it shouldn’t be a shock the Bulls big man told the Chicago Tribune he almost certainly would be out Monday night when the Bulls face the big front line of the Pacers.
“I don’t think I’ll be able to go,” Noah said before the Bulls’ morning shootaround at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. “I’m moving in the right direction. Give it a couple more days and try to go on Thursday.”
With Noah there is a little concern because this same condition kept him out 18 games two seasons ago. But Noah said it is different this time.
“The one in 09-10, I just kept playing through it,” Noah said. “I probably played with it for a month until I couldn’t anymore. This time, I stopped a lot earlier. I probably played on it for five or six games. I just knew what direction it was going in. In 09-10, I just tried to act like it wasn’t there and play through it. That was a mistake. With a couple more days of treatment, I’m hoping to be OK.”
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 0
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 4
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 11
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 86
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (86)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay