Feb 4, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
After missing a couple games with an adductor strain — two games that were close losses for Dallas where the calls didn’t go their way — Dirk Nowitzki expects to be back in the lineup Monday night when they face Oklahoma City.
Nowitzki went through a full practice Sunday and told the Dallas Morning News he plans to play.
“I feel OK,” Nowitzki said after Sunday’s workout in Phoenix. “I went through most of the stuff, a little running, a little shooting. It was pulling a little bit, but as long as it doesn’t grab on me and completely tighten up, it’s fine. Obviously, the meds had time to kick in over the weekend.
“If there’s no setbacks, and I go through the whole shootaround, hopefully I’ll get going tomorrow.”
Dallas needs him back. While the big German has averaged 14.8 points and 5.5 rebounds per game this season (well off recent averages) he’s looked like his old self of late. And they need that guy if they have any dreams of a playoff run.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6