Feb 4, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
After missing a couple games with an adductor strain — two games that were close losses for Dallas where the calls didn’t go their way — Dirk Nowitzki expects to be back in the lineup Monday night when they face Oklahoma City.
Nowitzki went through a full practice Sunday and told the Dallas Morning News he plans to play.
“I feel OK,” Nowitzki said after Sunday’s workout in Phoenix. “I went through most of the stuff, a little running, a little shooting. It was pulling a little bit, but as long as it doesn’t grab on me and completely tighten up, it’s fine. Obviously, the meds had time to kick in over the weekend.
“If there’s no setbacks, and I go through the whole shootaround, hopefully I’ll get going tomorrow.”
Dallas needs him back. While the big German has averaged 14.8 points and 5.5 rebounds per game this season (well off recent averages) he’s looked like his old self of late. And they need that guy if they have any dreams of a playoff run.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61