Feb 4, 2013, 1:04 PM EST
After missing a couple games with an adductor strain — two games that were close losses for Dallas where the calls didn’t go their way — Dirk Nowitzki expects to be back in the lineup Monday night when they face Oklahoma City.
Nowitzki went through a full practice Sunday and told the Dallas Morning News he plans to play.
“I feel OK,” Nowitzki said after Sunday’s workout in Phoenix. “I went through most of the stuff, a little running, a little shooting. It was pulling a little bit, but as long as it doesn’t grab on me and completely tighten up, it’s fine. Obviously, the meds had time to kick in over the weekend.
“If there’s no setbacks, and I go through the whole shootaround, hopefully I’ll get going tomorrow.”
Dallas needs him back. While the big German has averaged 14.8 points and 5.5 rebounds per game this season (well off recent averages) he’s looked like his old self of late. And they need that guy if they have any dreams of a playoff run.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 33
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 16
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)