Feb 4, 2013, 1:04 PM EDT
After missing a couple games with an adductor strain — two games that were close losses for Dallas where the calls didn’t go their way — Dirk Nowitzki expects to be back in the lineup Monday night when they face Oklahoma City.
Nowitzki went through a full practice Sunday and told the Dallas Morning News he plans to play.
“I feel OK,” Nowitzki said after Sunday’s workout in Phoenix. “I went through most of the stuff, a little running, a little shooting. It was pulling a little bit, but as long as it doesn’t grab on me and completely tighten up, it’s fine. Obviously, the meds had time to kick in over the weekend.
“If there’s no setbacks, and I go through the whole shootaround, hopefully I’ll get going tomorrow.”
Dallas needs him back. While the big German has averaged 14.8 points and 5.5 rebounds per game this season (well off recent averages) he’s looked like his old self of late. And they need that guy if they have any dreams of a playoff run.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18