Feb 3, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Knight didn’t appreciate the rough play from World Peace, and used a forearm to his neck to try to achieve separation.
There was no foul called on Knight, however, and with good reason. Before it got to that point, World Peace slipped his left hand in and caught Knight in the face, which aggravated the situation.
It wasn’t enough of a punch to make Knight go ballistic, nor was it enough to get World Peace ejected with a flagrant-two foul call from the officials. It’ll be interesting to see if the league thinks the play was as innocent, and whether or not it’s determined that additional punishment in the form of a fine or suspension is justified.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13