Feb 3, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Knight didn’t appreciate the rough play from World Peace, and used a forearm to his neck to try to achieve separation.
There was no foul called on Knight, however, and with good reason. Before it got to that point, World Peace slipped his left hand in and caught Knight in the face, which aggravated the situation.
It wasn’t enough of a punch to make Knight go ballistic, nor was it enough to get World Peace ejected with a flagrant-two foul call from the officials. It’ll be interesting to see if the league thinks the play was as innocent, and whether or not it’s determined that additional punishment in the form of a fine or suspension is justified.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17