Feb 3, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Knight didn’t appreciate the rough play from World Peace, and used a forearm to his neck to try to achieve separation.
There was no foul called on Knight, however, and with good reason. Before it got to that point, World Peace slipped his left hand in and caught Knight in the face, which aggravated the situation.
It wasn’t enough of a punch to make Knight go ballistic, nor was it enough to get World Peace ejected with a flagrant-two foul call from the officials. It’ll be interesting to see if the league thinks the play was as innocent, and whether or not it’s determined that additional punishment in the form of a fine or suspension is justified.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6