Feb 3, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
The Cavaliers aren’t supposed to be able to take down a team like the Thunder. But when you have Kyrie Irving making shots like these down the stretch, anything is possible.
Irving scored 35 points on the night, but 13 of those came in the final 2:52, with the game on the line and the defense focused solely on stopping him.
It was an extremely impressive performance by Irving, and you could tell he earned the respect of Russell Westbrook, as the two shared an embrace that lasted a few seconds after the final buzzer had sounded.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6