Feb 3, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
The Cavaliers aren’t supposed to be able to take down a team like the Thunder. But when you have Kyrie Irving making shots like these down the stretch, anything is possible.
Irving scored 35 points on the night, but 13 of those came in the final 2:52, with the game on the line and the defense focused solely on stopping him.
It was an extremely impressive performance by Irving, and you could tell he earned the respect of Russell Westbrook, as the two shared an embrace that lasted a few seconds after the final buzzer had sounded.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 15
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4