Feb 2, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Next week the names of the participants in all the Saturday All-Star events — the Dunk Contest, the Three Point Contest, the Skills Competition and that other stuff we suffer through — will be released. But in the next few days some names will start to leak out.
Names like Damian Lillard.
He will be part of the Skills Challenge, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
Portland Trail Blazers rookie standout Damian Lillard has been invited to participate in the NBA All-Star Weekend Skills Challenge during All-Star Weekend in Houston, CSNNW.com has learned.
According to a person close to the rookie point guard, the three-time Rookie of the Month has every intention of accepting the invitation.
In case you forgot, the skills competition is where the games best ball handlers make a layup, dribble around some mannequins, pass through a tire and otherwise show off their fundamentals.
The event usually features some of the league’s top point guards. Lillard is in that group already.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 0
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 8
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20