Feb 2, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Next week the names of the participants in all the Saturday All-Star events — the Dunk Contest, the Three Point Contest, the Skills Competition and that other stuff we suffer through — will be released. But in the next few days some names will start to leak out.
Names like Damian Lillard.
He will be part of the Skills Challenge, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
Portland Trail Blazers rookie standout Damian Lillard has been invited to participate in the NBA All-Star Weekend Skills Challenge during All-Star Weekend in Houston, CSNNW.com has learned.
According to a person close to the rookie point guard, the three-time Rookie of the Month has every intention of accepting the invitation.
In case you forgot, the skills competition is where the games best ball handlers make a layup, dribble around some mannequins, pass through a tire and otherwise show off their fundamentals.
The event usually features some of the league’s top point guards. Lillard is in that group already.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 0
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 7
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings