Feb 2, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Next week the names of the participants in all the Saturday All-Star events — the Dunk Contest, the Three Point Contest, the Skills Competition and that other stuff we suffer through — will be released. But in the next few days some names will start to leak out.
Names like Damian Lillard.
He will be part of the Skills Challenge, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
Portland Trail Blazers rookie standout Damian Lillard has been invited to participate in the NBA All-Star Weekend Skills Challenge during All-Star Weekend in Houston, CSNNW.com has learned.
According to a person close to the rookie point guard, the three-time Rookie of the Month has every intention of accepting the invitation.
In case you forgot, the skills competition is where the games best ball handlers make a layup, dribble around some mannequins, pass through a tire and otherwise show off their fundamentals.
The event usually features some of the league’s top point guards. Lillard is in that group already.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 12
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17