Feb 2, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Next week the names of the participants in all the Saturday All-Star events — the Dunk Contest, the Three Point Contest, the Skills Competition and that other stuff we suffer through — will be released. But in the next few days some names will start to leak out.
Names like Damian Lillard.
He will be part of the Skills Challenge, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
Portland Trail Blazers rookie standout Damian Lillard has been invited to participate in the NBA All-Star Weekend Skills Challenge during All-Star Weekend in Houston, CSNNW.com has learned.
According to a person close to the rookie point guard, the three-time Rookie of the Month has every intention of accepting the invitation.
In case you forgot, the skills competition is where the games best ball handlers make a layup, dribble around some mannequins, pass through a tire and otherwise show off their fundamentals.
The event usually features some of the league’s top point guards. Lillard is in that group already.
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 6
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46