Feb 2, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
The Clippers are already struggling to put together wins with Chris Paul missing time due to a bruised knee, and now they’re facing the possibility of playing without their highest-powered scoring option off the bench.
Crawford said an elbow from kyle Lowry was what did the damage, and the Clippers official Twitter account filled in the rest of the details.
J.Crawford sustained nasal fracture vs TOR. Was fitted for mask. VDN: “We’ll see how he is tomorrow, see how the mask feels” GTD vs BOS
— Los Angeles Clippers (@LAClippers) February 2, 2013
The Clippers are just .500 over the team’s last 10 games, and have won only twice in their last seven.
Crawford is averaging 16.5 points in 29.4 minutes per game for the Clippers this season, and is by most estimations the leading candidate for Sixth Man of the Year honors at this point in the season.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 42
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 59
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 23