Feb 1, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
No matter how much money people are willing to throw at him, LeBron James has said no every time the league has called about him being in the All-Star weekend dunk contest.
Now Dwyane Wade has come calling.
Under the new Saturday format, the Western and Eastern Conferences compete against each other in events like the dunk contest, skills challenge, three point shootout and the rest of the All-Star Saturday night extravaganza. Each side has a captain, and Wade wears the C for the East (Chris Paul captains the West).
So Wade said he is prodding LeBron to help a friend out. He didn’t get far, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
“I tried to convince LeBron,” Wade said Friday before the Heat took on the Indiana Pacers.
“On the dunk contest?” James said when Wade asked. “Oh no, that’s out.”
“I told him I’d throw him a lob and we’ll win,” Wade said. “He turned me down; I think he got nervous.”
Wade said he pitched he three-point contest to but LeBron blocked that, too.
But Wade has a couple weeks to keep working on him. Not that it will do any good.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination