Feb 1, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
No matter how much money people are willing to throw at him, LeBron James has said no every time the league has called about him being in the All-Star weekend dunk contest.
Now Dwyane Wade has come calling.
Under the new Saturday format, the Western and Eastern Conferences compete against each other in events like the dunk contest, skills challenge, three point shootout and the rest of the All-Star Saturday night extravaganza. Each side has a captain, and Wade wears the C for the East (Chris Paul captains the West).
So Wade said he is prodding LeBron to help a friend out. He didn’t get far, reports ESPNNewYork.com.
“I tried to convince LeBron,” Wade said Friday before the Heat took on the Indiana Pacers.
“On the dunk contest?” James said when Wade asked. “Oh no, that’s out.”
“I told him I’d throw him a lob and we’ll win,” Wade said. “He turned me down; I think he got nervous.”
Wade said he pitched he three-point contest to but LeBron blocked that, too.
But Wade has a couple weeks to keep working on him. Not that it will do any good.
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 0
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 2
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 31
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39