Feb 1, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
Jason Terry just signed with Boston this summer but at a reasonable mid-level exception deal — he has two-years at $10.4 million total left the two seasons after this.
Terry has struggled to find a comfort level in Boston, both in terms of his role and just his general play on the court — he is averaging 10 points a game (down from 15 last season) and has a PER of 11.9, the lowest of his career.
But GM Danny Ainge isn’t just giving him away to the fifth caller like a pair of Killers tickets. Ainge will listen to anything, but he wants some value back in return. And right now with the vultures circling, the offers the Celtics are getting are lowball ones.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10