PBT Podcast: Talking Rudy Gay trade, angry Westbrook, Celtics without Rondo, and Lakers without Dwight
Feb 1, 2013, 3:22 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to review the Thursday night TNT games. We discuss the Grizzlies without Rudy Gay, and whether or not the team has a chance to actually improve before the end of the season once Tayshaun Prince and Ed Davis get acclimated to life in Memphis.
We also discuss Russell Westbrook‘s very visible frustration during what was an easy win for his team, and after witnessing the uncomfortable interview he had with Craig Sager postgame, we wonder if he owes the media an explanation when he lets his emotions get the best of him.
We then review the Warriors’ win over the Mavericks, and discuss the officiating that Dallas has been on the wrong side of for two straight games.
After that, we look at the Celtics without Rajon Rondo, and what that might mean in terms of a trade before the deadline involving the likes of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. And finally, we look at the Lakers without Dwight Howard, and wonder how far out of the playoff picture the team needs to fall before this season is officially a lost cause.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 16
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32