PBT Podcast: Talking Rudy Gay trade, angry Westbrook, Celtics without Rondo, and Lakers without Dwight
Feb 1, 2013, 3:22 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to review the Thursday night TNT games. We discuss the Grizzlies without Rudy Gay, and whether or not the team has a chance to actually improve before the end of the season once Tayshaun Prince and Ed Davis get acclimated to life in Memphis.
We also discuss Russell Westbrook‘s very visible frustration during what was an easy win for his team, and after witnessing the uncomfortable interview he had with Craig Sager postgame, we wonder if he owes the media an explanation when he lets his emotions get the best of him.
We then review the Warriors’ win over the Mavericks, and discuss the officiating that Dallas has been on the wrong side of for two straight games.
After that, we look at the Celtics without Rajon Rondo, and what that might mean in terms of a trade before the deadline involving the likes of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. And finally, we look at the Lakers without Dwight Howard, and wonder how far out of the playoff picture the team needs to fall before this season is officially a lost cause.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16