PBT Podcast: Talking Rudy Gay trade, angry Westbrook, Celtics without Rondo, and Lakers without Dwight
Feb 1, 2013, 3:22 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to review the Thursday night TNT games. We discuss the Grizzlies without Rudy Gay, and whether or not the team has a chance to actually improve before the end of the season once Tayshaun Prince and Ed Davis get acclimated to life in Memphis.
We also discuss Russell Westbrook‘s very visible frustration during what was an easy win for his team, and after witnessing the uncomfortable interview he had with Craig Sager postgame, we wonder if he owes the media an explanation when he lets his emotions get the best of him.
We then review the Warriors’ win over the Mavericks, and discuss the officiating that Dallas has been on the wrong side of for two straight games.
After that, we look at the Celtics without Rajon Rondo, and what that might mean in terms of a trade before the deadline involving the likes of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. And finally, we look at the Lakers without Dwight Howard, and wonder how far out of the playoff picture the team needs to fall before this season is officially a lost cause.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 7
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 12