Feb 1, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
This was a smart play by Marc Gasol. His plan was clearly to make a kick-out pass, but once he was fouled and knew he had continuation he changed his mind mid-air (as much as Gasol gets air) and threw the ball at the basket. That is completely legal. And smart.
Getting the shot to fall, that is just lucky.
Not that it helped much, the Grizzlies got run over by the Thunder.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15