Feb 1, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
This was a smart play by Marc Gasol. His plan was clearly to make a kick-out pass, but once he was fouled and knew he had continuation he changed his mind mid-air (as much as Gasol gets air) and threw the ball at the basket. That is completely legal. And smart.
Getting the shot to fall, that is just lucky.
Not that it helped much, the Grizzlies got run over by the Thunder.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15