Feb 1, 2013, 8:35 AM EST
This was a smart play by Marc Gasol. His plan was clearly to make a kick-out pass, but once he was fouled and knew he had continuation he changed his mind mid-air (as much as Gasol gets air) and threw the ball at the basket. That is completely legal. And smart.
Getting the shot to fall, that is just lucky.
Not that it helped much, the Grizzlies got run over by the Thunder.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)