Feb 1, 2013, 8:35 AM EST
This was a smart play by Marc Gasol. His plan was clearly to make a kick-out pass, but once he was fouled and knew he had continuation he changed his mind mid-air (as much as Gasol gets air) and threw the ball at the basket. That is completely legal. And smart.
Getting the shot to fall, that is just lucky.
Not that it helped much, the Grizzlies got run over by the Thunder.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 9
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18