Feb 1, 2013, 8:35 AM EDT
This was a smart play by Marc Gasol. His plan was clearly to make a kick-out pass, but once he was fouled and knew he had continuation he changed his mind mid-air (as much as Gasol gets air) and threw the ball at the basket. That is completely legal. And smart.
Getting the shot to fall, that is just lucky.
Not that it helped much, the Grizzlies got run over by the Thunder.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5