Feb 1, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
It was the third straight player of the month award for James, and for Parker, while his numbers weren’t necessarily dominant, he led his team to a Western Conference best record of 12-3 in January.
Here are a few of the more noteworthy performances from the pair that helped earn them this honor.
LeBron James, Miami Heat
Jan. 2 vs Dallas: Recorded 32 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists in a 119-109 overtime win over the Mavericks.
Jan. 17 @ L.A. Lakers: Scored a season-high 39 points to go with eight rebounds and seven assists in a 99-90 road victory over the Lakers.
Jan. 27 @ Boston: Finished with 34 points and a season-high 16 rebounds in a 100-98 double overtime loss to the Celtics.
Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
Jan. 2 @ Milwaukee: Had 23 points and 11 assists in a 117-110 road win over the Bucks.
Jan. 19 vs Atlanta: Scored 23 points and dished out 12 assists while committing only one turnover in a 98-93 win at Atlanta.
Jan. 23 vs New Orleans: Collected 24 points on 10-of-18 shooting from the floor to go with a season-high 13 assists in a 106-102 win against the Hornets.
Other players considered included Brook Lopez, Carlos Boozer, Joakim Noah, Kyrie Irving, Danilo Gallinari, James Harden, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, LaMarcus Aldridge and Emeka Okafor.
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 2
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 1
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 12
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)