Feb 1, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
It was the third straight player of the month award for James, and for Parker, while his numbers weren’t necessarily dominant, he led his team to a Western Conference best record of 12-3 in January.
Here are a few of the more noteworthy performances from the pair that helped earn them this honor.
LeBron James, Miami Heat
Jan. 2 vs Dallas: Recorded 32 points, 12 rebounds and nine assists in a 119-109 overtime win over the Mavericks.
Jan. 17 @ L.A. Lakers: Scored a season-high 39 points to go with eight rebounds and seven assists in a 99-90 road victory over the Lakers.
Jan. 27 @ Boston: Finished with 34 points and a season-high 16 rebounds in a 100-98 double overtime loss to the Celtics.
Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
Jan. 2 @ Milwaukee: Had 23 points and 11 assists in a 117-110 road win over the Bucks.
Jan. 19 vs Atlanta: Scored 23 points and dished out 12 assists while committing only one turnover in a 98-93 win at Atlanta.
Jan. 23 vs New Orleans: Collected 24 points on 10-of-18 shooting from the floor to go with a season-high 13 assists in a 106-102 win against the Hornets.
Other players considered included Brook Lopez, Carlos Boozer, Joakim Noah, Kyrie Irving, Danilo Gallinari, James Harden, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, LaMarcus Aldridge and Emeka Okafor.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7