Feb 1, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
But it should come as no surprise that he is not playing in the second game of the back-to-back and is will sit out Dallas’ game against Phoenix, as reported in the Star-Telegram.
Nowitzki strained his right adductor muscle, which is the muscle that connects the hip to the top of the thigh. He said he did it at the end of Tuesday’s game in Portland and played through it, but when the muscle cooled down and tightened he had to take a seat. Now he told the paper he doesn’t know how long he will be out.
“I made a move or a turn — I remember it was a couple of minutes left in Portland,” Nowitzki said. “I don’t think it has anything to do with the knee, the knee has been fine, it’s been responding fine, it hasn’t been swelling at all.
“I guess it’s just Father Time, bro’. Stuff happens. I’ve never pulled a muscle my whole career, so I guess there’s always a first one.”
Dallas’ next game after Friday is Monday at Oklahoma City, then they are home for five games in a row leading up to the All-Star break.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10