Feb 1, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
But it should come as no surprise that he is not playing in the second game of the back-to-back and is will sit out Dallas’ game against Phoenix, as reported in the Star-Telegram.
Nowitzki strained his right adductor muscle, which is the muscle that connects the hip to the top of the thigh. He said he did it at the end of Tuesday’s game in Portland and played through it, but when the muscle cooled down and tightened he had to take a seat. Now he told the paper he doesn’t know how long he will be out.
“I made a move or a turn — I remember it was a couple of minutes left in Portland,” Nowitzki said. “I don’t think it has anything to do with the knee, the knee has been fine, it’s been responding fine, it hasn’t been swelling at all.
“I guess it’s just Father Time, bro’. Stuff happens. I’ve never pulled a muscle my whole career, so I guess there’s always a first one.”
Dallas’ next game after Friday is Monday at Oklahoma City, then they are home for five games in a row leading up to the All-Star break.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17