Feb 1, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
Yes, that deserved a suspension — you go at a guy’s neck, you get ejected and suspended for a game.
The league officially suspended the Clippers Matt Barnes one game for his flagrant foul II on Gregg Stiemsma of the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday. Barnes will sit out the Clippers game Friday night against Toronto.
The incident happened with 8:26 left in the second quarter. Barnes ran into a screen set by Stiemsma and took offense at… I don’t know what. That looked like a pretty standard NBA high screen. But Barnes went at his neck and the second he did you knew he would get suspended.
For my money, Stiemsma should have been ejected and should be suspended for the blatant mid-air push he gave Grant Hill later that game. Stiemsma only got a flagrant I on that call, I have no real idea why.
Friday night will see a couple shorthanded teams in Toronto — the Clippers will again be without Chris Paul and now Barnes. The Raptors traded away point guard Jose Calderon but will not have Rudy Gay suited up for this game yet.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6