Feb 1, 2013, 2:38 PM EST
Yes, that deserved a suspension — you go at a guy’s neck, you get ejected and suspended for a game.
The league officially suspended the Clippers Matt Barnes one game for his flagrant foul II on Gregg Stiemsma of the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday. Barnes will sit out the Clippers game Friday night against Toronto.
The incident happened with 8:26 left in the second quarter. Barnes ran into a screen set by Stiemsma and took offense at… I don’t know what. That looked like a pretty standard NBA high screen. But Barnes went at his neck and the second he did you knew he would get suspended.
For my money, Stiemsma should have been ejected and should be suspended for the blatant mid-air push he gave Grant Hill later that game. Stiemsma only got a flagrant I on that call, I have no real idea why.
Friday night will see a couple shorthanded teams in Toronto — the Clippers will again be without Chris Paul and now Barnes. The Raptors traded away point guard Jose Calderon but will not have Rudy Gay suited up for this game yet.
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 0
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 2
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 4
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 24
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 10
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33