Jan 31, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• If you read one thing this week, it should be Matt Moore at CBS’s Eye on Basketball talking defense with Andre Iguodala, one of the game’s best perimeter defenders. Sure, Iguodala is long-armed, athletic and has the physical characteristics needed to be a great defender, but read this and you see how much of what he does is mental. It’s about preparation before the game then awareness in it. Fantastic read. Especially be sure to watch the video narrations.
• A fun look at how seven first-time NBA All-Stars got there.
• A lot of Knicks players get around in mini-vans.
• Hall of Famer Robert Parish says he wants to get into coaching but can’t get a foot in the door. Or a phone call returned.
• A lot of talk about if the Lakers can still make the playoffs, but what about the Mavericks?
• And we leave you with one Tayshaun Prince fan learning about his boy getting traded then taking off his Pistons 22 jersey:
May 24, 2015, 12:57 AM EDT
There’s seemingly no solving Golden State’s dominant defense
May 24, 2015, 12:07 AM EDT
Houston has played well and valiantly this postseason, but the Warriors are simply better.
May 23, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT
He did it in nine fewer games than Miller.
May 23, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Great stuff from the game’s best player.
May 23, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Ross, and the Raptors, had a disappointing season.
May 23, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
He certainly is one of the greatest ball handlers of all time.
Lakers GM: If free agents don’t choose L.A. because of Kobe Bryant, ‘we don’t want them. You should go someplace else.’
May 23, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Lakers need a strong-willed star to carry them into their next era of greatness.
May 23, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
I’d say this puts the Hawks in a difficult spot, but they already were in one.
May 23, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
May 23, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
The popular former Magic player would sell well to the fan base.
May 23, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Clean block that was unfortunately called a foul.
May 23, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Atlanta is already down 2-0 to Cleveland in the series, and if Korver misses any time, the Hawks are finished.
May 23, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
He would bring a defensive mindset that he team could use.
May 23, 2015, 12:25 AM EDT
Cleveland shut down Atlanta’s offense in a dominant Game 2 performance.
May 22, 2015, 11:16 PM EDT
LeBron was great, and that was enough against a Hawks team that keeps losing guys due to injury.
May 22, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
There’s also video of Harden doing some damage in the tunnel on the way to the locker room.
May 22, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Ruled a flagrant, which was probably the correct call under the circumstances.
May 22, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
GM Mitch Kupchak: “It looks as though we’ll use our pick this year.”
May 22, 2015, 7:38 PM EDT
Irving is dealing with a knee injury.
May 22, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Explaining Stephen Curry’s game is just not that easy.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 2
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 17
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7