Jan 31, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• If you read one thing this week, it should be Matt Moore at CBS’s Eye on Basketball talking defense with Andre Iguodala, one of the game’s best perimeter defenders. Sure, Iguodala is long-armed, athletic and has the physical characteristics needed to be a great defender, but read this and you see how much of what he does is mental. It’s about preparation before the game then awareness in it. Fantastic read. Especially be sure to watch the video narrations.
• A fun look at how seven first-time NBA All-Stars got there.
• A lot of Knicks players get around in mini-vans.
• Hall of Famer Robert Parish says he wants to get into coaching but can’t get a foot in the door. Or a phone call returned.
• A lot of talk about if the Lakers can still make the playoffs, but what about the Mavericks?
• And we leave you with one Tayshaun Prince fan learning about his boy getting traded then taking off his Pistons 22 jersey:
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 2
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 16
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25