Jan 31, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• If you read one thing this week, it should be Matt Moore at CBS’s Eye on Basketball talking defense with Andre Iguodala, one of the game’s best perimeter defenders. Sure, Iguodala is long-armed, athletic and has the physical characteristics needed to be a great defender, but read this and you see how much of what he does is mental. It’s about preparation before the game then awareness in it. Fantastic read. Especially be sure to watch the video narrations.
• A fun look at how seven first-time NBA All-Stars got there.
• A lot of Knicks players get around in mini-vans.
• Hall of Famer Robert Parish says he wants to get into coaching but can’t get a foot in the door. Or a phone call returned.
• A lot of talk about if the Lakers can still make the playoffs, but what about the Mavericks?
• And we leave you with one Tayshaun Prince fan learning about his boy getting traded then taking off his Pistons 22 jersey:
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 3
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1