Jan 31, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• If you read one thing this week, it should be Matt Moore at CBS’s Eye on Basketball talking defense with Andre Iguodala, one of the game’s best perimeter defenders. Sure, Iguodala is long-armed, athletic and has the physical characteristics needed to be a great defender, but read this and you see how much of what he does is mental. It’s about preparation before the game then awareness in it. Fantastic read. Especially be sure to watch the video narrations.
• A fun look at how seven first-time NBA All-Stars got there.
• A lot of Knicks players get around in mini-vans.
• Hall of Famer Robert Parish says he wants to get into coaching but can’t get a foot in the door. Or a phone call returned.
• A lot of talk about if the Lakers can still make the playoffs, but what about the Mavericks?
• And we leave you with one Tayshaun Prince fan learning about his boy getting traded then taking off his Pistons 22 jersey:
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2