Jan 31, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:36 pm: As expected, coach Mark Jackson made it official, Stephen Curry will not play Thursday night against Dallas.
As we detailed earlier today, this was to be expected. The Warriors are going to be cautious with Curry as this is the second sprain of his surgically repaired ankle in a month. He has missed two games this time around now, we’ll see how hight that number gets.
3:14 pm: Officially, Stephen Curry is still a game-time decision on Thursday when the Warriors take on the Mavericks.
In reality, he’s probably not playing.
Curry rolled his surgically repaired right ankle on Monday and while he wears a stiff cast this is the second time he has tweaked the same ankle in a month. He did not play in the back-to-back on Tuesday. Now he did not go through shootaround on Thursday, tweeted Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle.
The Warriors will be cautious because Curry is the key to the team’s turnaround this season — he initiates the offense, is scoring 21 points a game, dishing out 6.4 assists per game and is shooting 43.7 percent from three. He has All-Star numbers but the coaches didn’t give him the nod.
Last time he tweaked this same ankle he missed two games (almost a full week off) before returning. I would expect more of the same here. But as of now nothing is official
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4