Jan 31, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
UPDATE 9:36 pm: As expected, coach Mark Jackson made it official, Stephen Curry will not play Thursday night against Dallas.
As we detailed earlier today, this was to be expected. The Warriors are going to be cautious with Curry as this is the second sprain of his surgically repaired ankle in a month. He has missed two games this time around now, we’ll see how hight that number gets.
3:14 pm: Officially, Stephen Curry is still a game-time decision on Thursday when the Warriors take on the Mavericks.
In reality, he’s probably not playing.
Curry rolled his surgically repaired right ankle on Monday and while he wears a stiff cast this is the second time he has tweaked the same ankle in a month. He did not play in the back-to-back on Tuesday. Now he did not go through shootaround on Thursday, tweeted Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle.
The Warriors will be cautious because Curry is the key to the team’s turnaround this season — he initiates the offense, is scoring 21 points a game, dishing out 6.4 assists per game and is shooting 43.7 percent from three. He has All-Star numbers but the coaches didn’t give him the nod.
Last time he tweaked this same ankle he missed two games (almost a full week off) before returning. I would expect more of the same here. But as of now nothing is official
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19