Rodman’s children’s book is available now. He’s a great role model.

Jan 31, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT

Basketball Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony - Red Carpet Getty Images

As a parent who has had to suffer through too many of them, let me say most celebrity children’s books suck. There are exceptions — Josie Bissett’s “Tickle Monster” is one of my girls’ favorites — but by and large you can skip the genre.

But can you skip anything Dennis Rodman does?

His children’s book “Dennis the Wild Bull” is available now. You could be reading it to your little son tonight at bedtime.

It’s not hard to tell the book Rodman’s — on the cover is a red Bull with wild red hair and a nose-ring, a tattoo and a goatee. Of course, it was written with a co-author like all his books. This one is a children’s book so it’s a story and contains fewer of the anecdotes seen in his last book “I Should Be Dead by Now.” Which is probably best, what with it being a kids’ book and all.

The book’s message? It’s okay to be different, be yourself and you will be accepted. Like Rodman was by teammates in Chicago and Detroit.

That’s a fine message, Rodman is a deserving Hall of Famer… and I really don’t want my kids to turn out like Rodman. Not on a personal level. But I might read them the book.

1. Gordon - Jan 31, 2013 at 1:10 PM

After the Sandusky thing, the phrase “tickle monster” makes me want to puke.

2. metalhead65 - Jan 31, 2013 at 3:01 PM

any parent that considers rodman a role model deserves a visit from child services for a child endangerment investigation.

3. fanofevilempire - Jan 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM

The only person Rodman ever hurt was Rodman.

• badintent - Jan 31, 2013 at 6:56 PM

no, he tripped Malone in the playoffs, but Malone tripped him back

4. 00maltliquor - Jan 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Who the hell is Josie Bissett?

Dennis the Wild Bull….heheheheee….sweet! lol

5. mgscott - Jan 31, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Rodman is a disgrace to humanity

6. kansacity88 - Feb 1, 2013 at 6:43 AM

But I thought “Little T learns to share” written by T.O. was awesome!

LOL! Sorry….tried to type that with a straight face but couldn’t do it!

7. mcsuave - Feb 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Worst role model I have ever seen as a basketball player.

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches