Jan 31, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
As a parent who has had to suffer through too many of them, let me say most celebrity children’s books suck. There are exceptions — Josie Bissett’s “Tickle Monster” is one of my girls’ favorites — but by and large you can skip the genre.
But can you skip anything Dennis Rodman does?
It’s not hard to tell the book Rodman’s — on the cover is a red Bull with wild red hair and a nose-ring, a tattoo and a goatee. Of course, it was written with a co-author like all his books. This one is a children’s book so it’s a story and contains fewer of the anecdotes seen in his last book “I Should Be Dead by Now.” Which is probably best, what with it being a kids’ book and all.
The book’s message? It’s okay to be different, be yourself and you will be accepted. Like Rodman was by teammates in Chicago and Detroit.
That’s a fine message, Rodman is a deserving Hall of Famer… and I really don’t want my kids to turn out like Rodman. Not on a personal level. But I might read them the book.
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 18
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 13
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 46
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 21
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record