Jan 31, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
As a parent who has had to suffer through too many of them, let me say most celebrity children’s books suck. There are exceptions — Josie Bissett’s “Tickle Monster” is one of my girls’ favorites — but by and large you can skip the genre.
But can you skip anything Dennis Rodman does?
It’s not hard to tell the book Rodman’s — on the cover is a red Bull with wild red hair and a nose-ring, a tattoo and a goatee. Of course, it was written with a co-author like all his books. This one is a children’s book so it’s a story and contains fewer of the anecdotes seen in his last book “I Should Be Dead by Now.” Which is probably best, what with it being a kids’ book and all.
The book’s message? It’s okay to be different, be yourself and you will be accepted. Like Rodman was by teammates in Chicago and Detroit.
That’s a fine message, Rodman is a deserving Hall of Famer… and I really don’t want my kids to turn out like Rodman. Not on a personal level. But I might read them the book.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30