Jan 31, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
As the words were coming out of his mouth, Toronto coach Dwane Casey knew he was going to get fined, and he was just too angry to care after his team lost 93-92 to Atlanta.
“I’m tired of this,” Casey said. “I’m tired of losing games because of missed calls at the end of the game. I know the league’s going to come down on me for this, but I don’t care. Guys have fought their hearts out, played their hearts out and at the end of the game we get cracked, apology, go back to Canada….
“I’ve been in this league 18 years and I’ve never seen as many missed calls at the end of the game to cost us the game,” Casey said. “We have good officials. Too good to miss calls and short-change these young men like that. And it’s not right.”
Well, he was right. About the call and the league’s reaction.
Thursday the league announced Casey had been fined $25,000 for his comments.
He was right about the call on the play at the end, too. There could have been a call against the Hawks on the scramble for a loose ball with 8 seconds to go, but you’re not going to get that call often. Alan Anderson comes out with the ball and gets off a long two pointer that comes off the rim.
DeMar DeRozan got the rebound, went back up and was completely hacked by Al Horford. Hacked. It was a foul. There was no call, Horford gets the block on the stat sheet and the Hawks get the win. Terrible call.
Hopefully for Casey it was worth the $25 large.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13