Jan 31, 2013, 3:53 AM EDT
Already in a rebuilding year where they have lost seven straight and 17 of their last 19 games, what else could go wrong for the Orlando Magic?
How about losing Glen Davis for the season to a broken foot?
That happened Wednesday night against the Knicks.
Big Baby broke his left foot the team made official and that will be the end of his season. It happened apparently in the first five minutes of the first quarter when he stepped on the foot of Iman Shumpert. It was incidental.
This is going to be devastating to an Orlando team that doesn’t have any room for devistation. Davis missed 11 games earlier this season with a shoulder injury and at that time the Magic lost 10 in a row.
Davis is the team’s second leading scorer at 15.5 points a amd and its second leading rebounder at 7.5 a game (both career highs for him). With Dwight Howard struggling on another coast Davis had to step up and did so, playing 32 minutes a night and garnering a PER of 15.2, right at the league average but again a career high for Davis. He also brought energy on the defensive end.
If you’re looking for a bright spot this could mean more minutes for rookie Andrew Nicholson, who needs the run to develop his game but shows a lot of potential
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49