Jan 31, 2013, 3:53 AM EST
Already in a rebuilding year where they have lost seven straight and 17 of their last 19 games, what else could go wrong for the Orlando Magic?
How about losing Glen Davis for the season to a broken foot?
That happened Wednesday night against the Knicks.
Big Baby broke his left foot the team made official and that will be the end of his season. It happened apparently in the first five minutes of the first quarter when he stepped on the foot of Iman Shumpert. It was incidental.
This is going to be devastating to an Orlando team that doesn’t have any room for devistation. Davis missed 11 games earlier this season with a shoulder injury and at that time the Magic lost 10 in a row.
Davis is the team’s second leading scorer at 15.5 points a amd and its second leading rebounder at 7.5 a game (both career highs for him). With Dwight Howard struggling on another coast Davis had to step up and did so, playing 32 minutes a night and garnering a PER of 15.2, right at the league average but again a career high for Davis. He also brought energy on the defensive end.
If you’re looking for a bright spot this could mean more minutes for rookie Andrew Nicholson, who needs the run to develop his game but shows a lot of potential
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20