Jan 31, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
This is the muscle you think of as a hip muscle, one that attaches to the top of the thigh (it is that part of the adductor if the description as a hip injury is correct).
This came out of nowhere, in his last game Nowitzki had a season-high 26 points against Portland. We don’t know the severity and if he will miss more than one game. This is on the same side as the knee surgery he had earlier this year so it also could be a compensation issue, but that is just speculation at this point.
Also, Chris Kaman is still not with the Mavericks due to a concussion suffered in practice this week.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28