Jan 31, 2013, 9:57 PM EST
This is the muscle you think of as a hip muscle, one that attaches to the top of the thigh (it is that part of the adductor if the description as a hip injury is correct).
This came out of nowhere, in his last game Nowitzki had a season-high 26 points against Portland. We don’t know the severity and if he will miss more than one game. This is on the same side as the knee surgery he had earlier this year so it also could be a compensation issue, but that is just speculation at this point.
Also, Chris Kaman is still not with the Mavericks due to a concussion suffered in practice this week.
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 2
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 4
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 1
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 11
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (51)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)