Jan 31, 2013, 9:57 PM EST
This is the muscle you think of as a hip muscle, one that attaches to the top of the thigh (it is that part of the adductor if the description as a hip injury is correct).
This came out of nowhere, in his last game Nowitzki had a season-high 26 points against Portland. We don’t know the severity and if he will miss more than one game. This is on the same side as the knee surgery he had earlier this year so it also could be a compensation issue, but that is just speculation at this point.
Also, Chris Kaman is still not with the Mavericks due to a concussion suffered in practice this week.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17