Jan 31, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
This is the muscle you think of as a hip muscle, one that attaches to the top of the thigh (it is that part of the adductor if the description as a hip injury is correct).
This came out of nowhere, in his last game Nowitzki had a season-high 26 points against Portland. We don’t know the severity and if he will miss more than one game. This is on the same side as the knee surgery he had earlier this year so it also could be a compensation issue, but that is just speculation at this point.
Also, Chris Kaman is still not with the Mavericks due to a concussion suffered in practice this week.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 10
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 52
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3