Jan 31, 2013, 9:57 PM EST
This is the muscle you think of as a hip muscle, one that attaches to the top of the thigh (it is that part of the adductor if the description as a hip injury is correct).
This came out of nowhere, in his last game Nowitzki had a season-high 26 points against Portland. We don’t know the severity and if he will miss more than one game. This is on the same side as the knee surgery he had earlier this year so it also could be a compensation issue, but that is just speculation at this point.
Also, Chris Kaman is still not with the Mavericks due to a concussion suffered in practice this week.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 2
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 2
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9