Jan 31, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
The Knicks are a charter member of the NBA, a franchise founded in 1946 that has always played in Madison Square Garden and always been at the heart of New York Basketball. When you set a Knicks franchise record, you are overcoming some real history.
Which is what Carmelo Anthony did Wednesday in the Knicks win over the Magic — it was Anthony’s 30th consecutive game with 20 or more points. He broke a record that had stood for 51 years. A record the great scorers the Knicks have had — Bernard King to name the most obvious — could not achieve.
Congratulations to him. ‘Melo is having the best, most complete season of his career and he deserves the plaudits coming his way.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16