Jan 31, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Brandon Roy’s attempted comeback from knee problems with the Minnesota Timberwolves lasted all of five games before he needed another knee surgery. Recovery from said surgery has not gone quickly or smoothly but the former All-Star guard isn’t ready to give up on his dream of returning to the NBA.
Then today comes this tweet from Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press.
It is possible the Timberwolves use his salary in a trade (if they make one) but nobody expects to see him back on the court this season.
There will be no snark or “doesn’t he realize” comments from me because I can’t imagine what it really would be like to be in his shoes — to achieve a dream of NBA stardom only to have your body betray you and take the dream away while you are in your 20s. Roy will come to whatever decisions he comes to when he is ready to do so.
I just know I miss watching vintage Brandon Roy play the game. He was a joy.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 3
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1