Jan 31, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Brandon Roy’s attempted comeback from knee problems with the Minnesota Timberwolves lasted all of five games before he needed another knee surgery. Recovery from said surgery has not gone quickly or smoothly but the former All-Star guard isn’t ready to give up on his dream of returning to the NBA.
Then today comes this tweet from Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press.
It is possible the Timberwolves use his salary in a trade (if they make one) but nobody expects to see him back on the court this season.
There will be no snark or “doesn’t he realize” comments from me because I can’t imagine what it really would be like to be in his shoes — to achieve a dream of NBA stardom only to have your body betray you and take the dream away while you are in your 20s. Roy will come to whatever decisions he comes to when he is ready to do so.
I just know I miss watching vintage Brandon Roy play the game. He was a joy.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4