Jan 31, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Brandon Roy’s attempted comeback from knee problems with the Minnesota Timberwolves lasted all of five games before he needed another knee surgery. Recovery from said surgery has not gone quickly or smoothly but the former All-Star guard isn’t ready to give up on his dream of returning to the NBA.
Then today comes this tweet from Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press.
It is possible the Timberwolves use his salary in a trade (if they make one) but nobody expects to see him back on the court this season.
There will be no snark or “doesn’t he realize” comments from me because I can’t imagine what it really would be like to be in his shoes — to achieve a dream of NBA stardom only to have your body betray you and take the dream away while you are in your 20s. Roy will come to whatever decisions he comes to when he is ready to do so.
I just know I miss watching vintage Brandon Roy play the game. He was a joy.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29