Jan 31, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
Brandon Roy’s attempted comeback from knee problems with the Minnesota Timberwolves lasted all of five games before he needed another knee surgery. Recovery from said surgery has not gone quickly or smoothly but the former All-Star guard isn’t ready to give up on his dream of returning to the NBA.
Then today comes this tweet from Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press.
It is possible the Timberwolves use his salary in a trade (if they make one) but nobody expects to see him back on the court this season.
There will be no snark or “doesn’t he realize” comments from me because I can’t imagine what it really would be like to be in his shoes — to achieve a dream of NBA stardom only to have your body betray you and take the dream away while you are in your 20s. Roy will come to whatever decisions he comes to when he is ready to do so.
I just know I miss watching vintage Brandon Roy play the game. He was a joy.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 2
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8