Jan 31, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Brandon Roy’s attempted comeback from knee problems with the Minnesota Timberwolves lasted all of five games before he needed another knee surgery. Recovery from said surgery has not gone quickly or smoothly but the former All-Star guard isn’t ready to give up on his dream of returning to the NBA.
Then today comes this tweet from Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press.
Brandon Roy says he had a setback recently w/right knee. Still hopeful to play this season. Just doesn't look good—
Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) January 31, 2013
It is possible the Timberwolves use his salary in a trade (if they make one) but nobody expects to see him back on the court this season.
There will be no snark or “doesn’t he realize” comments from me because I can’t imagine what it really would be like to be in his shoes — to achieve a dream of NBA stardom only to have your body betray you and take the dream away while you are in your 20s. Roy will come to whatever decisions he comes to when he is ready to do so.
I just know I miss watching vintage Brandon Roy play the game. He was a joy.
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 0
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 16
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32