Wizards may sit Bradley Beal to heal injured wrist

Jan 30, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT

Bradley Beal AP

Six games ago, back on Jan. 18, Washington’s Bradley Beal fell and in breaking his fall injured his right wrist.

It hasn’t been bad enough to keep him out, but it’s had an impact. In his last five games the young sharpshooter has hit just 20 percent of his threes, seen his minutes drop, and his points per game has fallen from his season average of 13.2 a game down to 8.

Beal is seeing a hand specialist in New York on Wednesday. The Wizards are thinking of sitting Beal Wednesday against the 76ers and some future games to let the wrist injury heal, reports Ben Standig at CSNWashington.com.

“It’s all right. It’s not 100 percent, so I’m not going to force it or irritate it anymore,” Beal said following Tuesday’s practice, one in which he did not participate on the court. “I haven’t been the same ever since. It was just the fall. If I feel as though I’m can’t help the team like I was previously, then I’m not going even going to play and force it or irritate it even more….

“My shot’s not even the same,” said Beal, who classified his status as “day-to-day.” “If you see it, it’s totally different. And I can feel it in my wrist. It bothers me. Yesterday for some reason, it wasn’t bothering me. But now, it just came back, so I’m not going to keep irritating it and making it worse.”

Sit him and get it right. It’s not like the Wizards are in a playoff chase and even if they were he’s not helping the cause right now. The Sixers have three games on the road in a row starting with Philly, if he sat all of them would that really be bad?

What we need is him back for the Rookie-Sophomore game All-Star weekend. Well, that’s what I want to see him in.

Latest Posts
  1. Report: Russell Westbrook marrying longtime girlfriend this weekend

Aug 27, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT

Russell Westbrook Russell Westbrook

Westbrook and Nina Earl have been together since college.

2. Stephanie Ready to become first full-time female local NBA game color analyst

Aug 27, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT

From twitter.com/StephanieReady From twitter.com/StephanieReady

As an NBA League Pass junkie I’ll tell you why I’m happy — she’s good.

3. Remembering Darryl Dawkins’ 20 greatest dunks (VIDEO)

Aug 27, 2015, 5:51 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwqxntu4mwq2otc2otkyntezmgm0njfmyjexywywmtdk AP

If you’re keeping score at home, there are two shattered backboards on the list.

4. Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58

Aug 27, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT

NBA House - Moynihan Station 2015 Getty Images

Chocolate Thunder remained an ambassador of the game.

5. Report: Ryan Hollins receiving interest from Kings, Wizards, Clippers

Aug 27, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT

Los Angeles Lakers v Sacramento Kings Getty Images

He probably will land on a roster somewhere. Eventually.

6. Pelicans pull French center Alexis Ajinca out of EuroBasket

Aug 27, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT

New Orleans Pelicans v Minnesota Timberwolves Getty Images

This is a blow to France, but they remain one of the deepest teams at EuroBasket and one of the favorites.

7. Despite earlier report, Chuck Hayes will not sign with Rockets

Aug 27, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT

Toronto Raptors v New York Knicks Getty Images

Houston’s salary cap picture changed before the deal got inked.

8. Pistons’ Brandon Jennings says when healthy he’s fine with being sixth man

Aug 27, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT

Orlando Magic v Detroit Pistons Getty Images

Stan Van Gundy wants to play Brandon Jennings and Stephen Jackson together at times.

9. Report: Clippers, Glen Davis still talking about potential deal

Aug 27, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT

Los Angeles Clippers v Houston Rockets - Game Two Getty Images

At this point in his career Davis is the “break glass in case of emergency” big.

10. LeBron James sells Miami home for cool $13.4 million

Aug 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

LeBron James AP

LeBron turned a $4.4 million profit.

11. Report: Derrick Rose being sued by ex-girlfriend alleging rape, drugging

Aug 27, 2015, 12:58 AM EDT

Chicago Bulls V Cleveland Cavaliers - Game Four Getty Images

There is no criminal report filed in this case. Rose nor his attorney have yet to comment on the report or suit.

12. Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era

Aug 26, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT

Los Angeles Lakers' center Shaquille O'Neal (L) la Getty Images

Was there ever a more Shakespearean NBA drama than Shaq/Kobe?

Top 10 NBA Player Searches