Wizards may sit Bradley Beal to heal injured wrist

Jan 30, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT

Bradley Beal AP

Six games ago, back on Jan. 18, Washington’s Bradley Beal fell and in breaking his fall injured his right wrist.

It hasn’t been bad enough to keep him out, but it’s had an impact. In his last five games the young sharpshooter has hit just 20 percent of his threes, seen his minutes drop, and his points per game has fallen from his season average of 13.2 a game down to 8.

Beal is seeing a hand specialist in New York on Wednesday. The Wizards are thinking of sitting Beal Wednesday against the 76ers and some future games to let the wrist injury heal, reports Ben Standig at CSNWashington.com.

“It’s all right. It’s not 100 percent, so I’m not going to force it or irritate it anymore,” Beal said following Tuesday’s practice, one in which he did not participate on the court. “I haven’t been the same ever since. It was just the fall. If I feel as though I’m can’t help the team like I was previously, then I’m not going even going to play and force it or irritate it even more….

“My shot’s not even the same,” said Beal, who classified his status as “day-to-day.” “If you see it, it’s totally different. And I can feel it in my wrist. It bothers me. Yesterday for some reason, it wasn’t bothering me. But now, it just came back, so I’m not going to keep irritating it and making it worse.”

Sit him and get it right. It’s not like the Wizards are in a playoff chase and even if they were he’s not helping the cause right now. The Sixers have three games on the road in a row starting with Philly, if he sat all of them would that really be bad?

What we need is him back for the Rookie-Sophomore game All-Star weekend. Well, that’s what I want to see him in.

Latest Posts
  1. Enes Kanter soaks up Jazz fans’ boos, but Thunder lose

Mar 29, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT

Oklahoma City Thunder v Utah Jazz Oklahoma City Thunder v Utah Jazz

Kanter found a way to motivate the Jazz in the dog days of the season, and the Thunder lost in part because of it.

2. Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion

Mar 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers v Atlanta Hawks Getty Images

“You don’t have to be best friends to come out here and work together.”

3. Golden State picks up 60th win, clinches top seed in the West

Mar 29, 2015, 12:26 AM EDT

Steve Kerr, Stephen Curry AP

The Golden State Warriors are the team to beat out West.

4. NBA, Pacers issue statement in response to Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act law

Mar 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT

Adam Silver AP

Legislation was signed into law in Indiana last week, and has been criticized as one that could legalize discrimination.

5. Hawks to rest all five starters Saturday after clinching East’s top seed

Mar 28, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT

Atlanta Hawks Media Day Getty Images

Hornets, still fighting for a playoff spot, catch a break.

6. Stan Van Gundy: ‘Absolutely no chance’ Magic induct him into team Hall of Fame

Mar 28, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT

Stan Van Gundy Stan Van Gundy

Van Gundy coached five seasons in Orlando, but was fired after the way the Dwight Howard debacle played out.

7. Warriors coach Steve Kerr: ‘I would vote for Russell Westbrook’ for MVP

Mar 28, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT

Golden State Warriors v Denver Nuggets Getty Images

Kerr was joking, and making light of a mini-controversy that occurred recently with the Cavaliers.

8. Earl Clark signs 10-day contract with Nets, contributes to win over Cavaliers

Mar 28, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers v Brooklyn Nets Getty Images

Clark played key bench minutes the same day he was signed.

Where does Steve Nash rank all-time?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches