Jan 30, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Six games ago, back on Jan. 18, Washington’s Bradley Beal fell and in breaking his fall injured his right wrist.
It hasn’t been bad enough to keep him out, but it’s had an impact. In his last five games the young sharpshooter has hit just 20 percent of his threes, seen his minutes drop, and his points per game has fallen from his season average of 13.2 a game down to 8.
Beal is seeing a hand specialist in New York on Wednesday. The Wizards are thinking of sitting Beal Wednesday against the 76ers and some future games to let the wrist injury heal, reports Ben Standig at CSNWashington.com.
“It’s all right. It’s not 100 percent, so I’m not going to force it or irritate it anymore,” Beal said following Tuesday’s practice, one in which he did not participate on the court. “I haven’t been the same ever since. It was just the fall. If I feel as though I’m can’t help the team like I was previously, then I’m not going even going to play and force it or irritate it even more….
“My shot’s not even the same,” said Beal, who classified his status as “day-to-day.” “If you see it, it’s totally different. And I can feel it in my wrist. It bothers me. Yesterday for some reason, it wasn’t bothering me. But now, it just came back, so I’m not going to keep irritating it and making it worse.”
Sit him and get it right. It’s not like the Wizards are in a playoff chase and even if they were he’s not helping the cause right now. The Sixers have three games on the road in a row starting with Philly, if he sat all of them would that really be bad?
What we need is him back for the Rookie-Sophomore game All-Star weekend. Well, that’s what I want to see him in.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'