Jan 30, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
Barnes apparently didn’t like the screen Stiemsma set, and initially shoved him while trying to fight through, before delivering the far more violent shot the second time around.
It was the second ejection of the season for Barnes, and no one would be surprised if his team was without him for its next game or two. A suspension from the league seems more than likely to be handed down following this ridiculous act.
Not much later, Stiemsma picked up a Flagrant 1 foul for a vicious shove of Grant Hill going for an offensive rebound, a play that sent Hill to the floor hard.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 3
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 12
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 15
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43