Jan 30, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
Barnes apparently didn’t like the screen Stiemsma set, and initially shoved him while trying to fight through, before delivering the far more violent shot the second time around.
It was the second ejection of the season for Barnes, and no one would be surprised if his team was without him for its next game or two. A suspension from the league seems more than likely to be handed down following this ridiculous act.
Not much later, Stiemsma picked up a Flagrant 1 foul for a vicious shove of Grant Hill going for an offensive rebound, a play that sent Hill to the floor hard.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61