Jan 30, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
Barnes apparently didn’t like the screen Stiemsma set, and initially shoved him while trying to fight through, before delivering the far more violent shot the second time around.
It was the second ejection of the season for Barnes, and no one would be surprised if his team was without him for its next game or two. A suspension from the league seems more than likely to be handed down following this ridiculous act.
Not much later, Stiemsma picked up a Flagrant 1 foul for a vicious shove of Grant Hill going for an offensive rebound, a play that sent Hill to the floor hard.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)