Jan 30, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
Barnes apparently didn’t like the screen Stiemsma set, and initially shoved him while trying to fight through, before delivering the far more violent shot the second time around.
It was the second ejection of the season for Barnes, and no one would be surprised if his team was without him for its next game or two. A suspension from the league seems more than likely to be handed down following this ridiculous act.
Not much later, Stiemsma picked up a Flagrant 1 foul for a vicious shove of Grant Hill going for an offensive rebound, a play that sent Hill to the floor hard.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42