Jan 30, 2013, 1:49 PM EST
After missing a couple games due to illness, Gregg Popovich will be back coaching the San Antonio Spurs when they host the Bobcats Wednesday night.
This will be Duncan’s fourth consecutive game missed due to a sore left knee. There have been reports things have been progressing but you know how the Spurs operate — they are going to be conservative because they want Duncan healthy and rested for the playoffs, not February.
DeJuan Blair also is out for the Spurs.
The league doesn’t allow players who are healthy to miss the All-Star game, but you can bet the Spurs would love to have Duncan get his rest that weekend rather than play.
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 0
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 2
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 9
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)