Jan 30, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
After missing a couple games due to illness, Gregg Popovich will be back coaching the San Antonio Spurs when they host the Bobcats Wednesday night.
This will be Duncan’s fourth consecutive game missed due to a sore left knee. There have been reports things have been progressing but you know how the Spurs operate — they are going to be conservative because they want Duncan healthy and rested for the playoffs, not February.
DeJuan Blair also is out for the Spurs.
The league doesn’t allow players who are healthy to miss the All-Star game, but you can bet the Spurs would love to have Duncan get his rest that weekend rather than play.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10