Jan 30, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
After missing a couple games due to illness, Gregg Popovich will be back coaching the San Antonio Spurs when they host the Bobcats Wednesday night.
This will be Duncan’s fourth consecutive game missed due to a sore left knee. There have been reports things have been progressing but you know how the Spurs operate — they are going to be conservative because they want Duncan healthy and rested for the playoffs, not February.
DeJuan Blair also is out for the Spurs.
The league doesn’t allow players who are healthy to miss the All-Star game, but you can bet the Spurs would love to have Duncan get his rest that weekend rather than play.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 23
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2