Jan 30, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
After missing a couple games due to illness, Gregg Popovich will be back coaching the San Antonio Spurs when they host the Bobcats Wednesday night.
This will be Duncan’s fourth consecutive game missed due to a sore left knee. There have been reports things have been progressing but you know how the Spurs operate — they are going to be conservative because they want Duncan healthy and rested for the playoffs, not February.
DeJuan Blair also is out for the Spurs.
The league doesn’t allow players who are healthy to miss the All-Star game, but you can bet the Spurs would love to have Duncan get his rest that weekend rather than play.
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 4
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25