Jan 30, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
After missing a couple games due to illness, Gregg Popovich will be back coaching the San Antonio Spurs when they host the Bobcats Wednesday night.
This will be Duncan’s fourth consecutive game missed due to a sore left knee. There have been reports things have been progressing but you know how the Spurs operate — they are going to be conservative because they want Duncan healthy and rested for the playoffs, not February.
DeJuan Blair also is out for the Spurs.
The league doesn’t allow players who are healthy to miss the All-Star game, but you can bet the Spurs would love to have Duncan get his rest that weekend rather than play.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 7
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 7
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 19
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64