Jan 29, 2013, 5:49 PM EDT
UPDATE 5:49 pm: Warriors coach Mark Jackson met with the media and said that Stephen Curry and, as expected, Andrew Bogut were out for Golden State on Tuesday in Cleveland, tweets Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio.
Harrison Barnes, who had a mild calf tweak, also is out, Jackson said.
That’s a lot of bodies out for the Warriors, taking on a Cavaliers team playing well behind a very hot Kyrie Irving.
5:11 pm: Stephen Curry, who tweaked his ankle on Monday night and sat out the fourth quarter of a Warriors win in Toronto, is questionable for Tuesday night’s game in Cleveland, with the decision coming near game time, reports CSNBayArea.com.
Andrew Bogut — who looked pretty good on Monday night — was never going to play Tuesday when the Warriors traveled to Cleveland. Monday was Bogut’s first game back from ankle surgery and he is not taking part in any back-to-backs before the All-Star Game.
When Curry tweaked his right a couple of weeks ago, he sat out a couple of games. That he did this again a few weeks later has to be a concern to the Warriors. Look for them to be cautious with him.
Curry missed large parts of last season and had a couple of surgeries on his right ankle, and he wears a heavy brace. Still he was able to roll it some when he stepped on the foot of Ed Davis while driving to the hole.
If Curry is out it means more Jarrett Jack, which is certainly not that bad. Still, Golden State would miss Curry’s 21 points and 6.5 assists per game, not to mention his 45.4 percent shooting from three. Curry has had an All-Star caliber season, but didn’t get picked in a tough field with Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook and James Harden as reserve guards (fans voted Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul the starters).
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 4
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 7
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40