Jan 29, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
There are two people that right now are the gold standard when it comes to knees and ACL recovery.
One is Dr. James Andrews, the renowned surgeon who everyone wants to do their knee repair.
The other is Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, the poster child for bouncing back from an ACL after he came back in 9 months and rushed for 2,097 yards.
So guess who Rajon Rondo’s agent told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com he wants to talk to for a second opinion and about recovery for Rondo.
“He (Dr. Andrews) is one that we’re definitely considering,” Rondo’s agent Bill Duffy, told CSNNE.com. “If he’s No. 1, there’s a couple 1As and 1Bs we’re looking at as well.”
Duffy said the second opinion on Rondo’s knee will not be made for at least another four or five days in order to allow the swelling to go down….
In addition, Duffy said they are in the process of setting up meetings with other athletes who have had similar injuries. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is among those that Rondo’s camp hopes to speak with very soon.
It’s the smart move, players should not just trust team doctors (they do work for the team, not the player) if they can afford not to.
By the way, if you’re wondering if Andrews performed Peterson’s surgery, the answer is yes.
Danny Ainge hopes to see Rondo back by the start of training camp. We’ll see. What Rondo needs to do is what’s best for him long term — at age 26 he has a lot of NBA basketball ahead of him if he takes care of this right and does his rehab.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15