Jan 29, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
There are two people that right now are the gold standard when it comes to knees and ACL recovery.
One is Dr. James Andrews, the renowned surgeon who everyone wants to do their knee repair.
The other is Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, the poster child for bouncing back from an ACL after he came back in 9 months and rushed for 2,097 yards.
So guess who Rajon Rondo’s agent told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com he wants to talk to for a second opinion and about recovery for Rondo.
“He (Dr. Andrews) is one that we’re definitely considering,” Rondo’s agent Bill Duffy, told CSNNE.com. “If he’s No. 1, there’s a couple 1As and 1Bs we’re looking at as well.”
Duffy said the second opinion on Rondo’s knee will not be made for at least another four or five days in order to allow the swelling to go down….
In addition, Duffy said they are in the process of setting up meetings with other athletes who have had similar injuries. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is among those that Rondo’s camp hopes to speak with very soon.
It’s the smart move, players should not just trust team doctors (they do work for the team, not the player) if they can afford not to.
By the way, if you’re wondering if Andrews performed Peterson’s surgery, the answer is yes.
Danny Ainge hopes to see Rondo back by the start of training camp. We’ll see. What Rondo needs to do is what’s best for him long term — at age 26 he has a lot of NBA basketball ahead of him if he takes care of this right and does his rehab.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 39
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 37
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10