Jan 29, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
There are two people that right now are the gold standard when it comes to knees and ACL recovery.
One is Dr. James Andrews, the renowned surgeon who everyone wants to do their knee repair.
The other is Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, the poster child for bouncing back from an ACL after he came back in 9 months and rushed for 2,097 yards.
So guess who Rajon Rondo’s agent told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com he wants to talk to for a second opinion and about recovery for Rondo.
“He (Dr. Andrews) is one that we’re definitely considering,” Rondo’s agent Bill Duffy, told CSNNE.com. “If he’s No. 1, there’s a couple 1As and 1Bs we’re looking at as well.”
Duffy said the second opinion on Rondo’s knee will not be made for at least another four or five days in order to allow the swelling to go down….
In addition, Duffy said they are in the process of setting up meetings with other athletes who have had similar injuries. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is among those that Rondo’s camp hopes to speak with very soon.
It’s the smart move, players should not just trust team doctors (they do work for the team, not the player) if they can afford not to.
By the way, if you’re wondering if Andrews performed Peterson’s surgery, the answer is yes.
Danny Ainge hopes to see Rondo back by the start of training camp. We’ll see. What Rondo needs to do is what’s best for him long term — at age 26 he has a lot of NBA basketball ahead of him if he takes care of this right and does his rehab.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18