Once again, Mario Chalmers says he’s a top 10 point guard. Again world chuckles.

Jan 29, 2013, 5:42 PM EDT

Mario Chalmers Getty Images

You want your players to be confident. To believe in themselves and their abilities. You can’t play in the NBA without a little bit of swagger.

Mario Chalmers has enough swagger for 10 NBA players. Once again on Tuesday he reiterated that he thinks he is a Top 10 NBA point guard. From Chris Tomasson at Fox Sports Florida.

“I’d say top 10,’’ the Miami Heat fifth-year man said of where he ranks. “I’m not in the lower part (of the top 10), I’m in the middle part. I just have confidence in myself. I think I can compete with the best of them…..

“That’s how I feel no matter what people say or what people think,’’ Chalmers said.

Chalmers is an ancillary cog in the Miami Heat machine, averaging 7.7 points and 3.4 assists per game. I’m not going to list a dozen players better than him, you can do that for yourself.

Of course, what do you expect him to say, “I think I’m a top-25 NBA point guard?”

A lot of NBA role players think they are better than their station, that if just given the right opportunity they could thrive. Not LeBron James/Kobe Bryant thrive, but do better than they are. But most also have the wherewithal to not say that publicly.

Chalmers is Chalmers. But it works for the Heat.

Latest Posts
  1. Video: Tyler Johnson hits Summer League game-winner for Heat with .4 on clock

Jul 6, 2015, 12:28 AM EDT

Brooklyn Nets v Miami Heat Brooklyn Nets v Miami Heat

Whether regular season or Summer League, we love us some buzzer beaters.

2. Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young

Jul 5, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT

Brandon Bass, Paul Pierce, Shaun Livingston AP

The Lakers will need to move Young to clear the cap space for their other moves.

3. Report: Cleveland Cavaliers considering trade for Joe Johnson

Jul 5, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT

New York Knicks v Brooklyn Nets

Dan Gilbert is not afraid to write checks.

4. LeBron James stays on sidelines while Cavaliers, Tristan Thompson talks stall out

Jul 5, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT

lebronthompson Getty Images

LeBron is going to win, Tristan Thompson is going to get his money.

5. Report: Tobias Harris turned down max contract offer from Kings

Jul 5, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT

Brooklyn Nets v Orlando Magic Getty Images

Another guy who took less money to avoid playing in Sacramento.

6. Report: JaVale McGee ‘a serious consideration’ for Clippers

Jul 5, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT

Indiana Pacers v Philadelphia 76ers Getty Images

L.A. is all kinds of desperate now that DeAndre Jordan has bolted for the Mavericks.

7. LaMarcus Aldridge thanks Portland fans in letter

Jul 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

LaMarcus Aldridge LaMarcus Aldridge

How will Blazers fans react when Aldridge returns?

8. Jordan McRae shatters backboard at Sixers practice

Jul 4, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT

Delaware 87ers v Oklahoma City Blue Getty Images

McRae was the 58th overall pick in the 2014 draft, and is a member of Philadelphia’s Summer League squad.

9. Report: Jeremey Lin considering signing with Dallas Mavericks

Jul 4, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT

Phoenix Suns v Los Angeles Lakers Phoenix Suns v Los Angeles Lakers

He would have to take a paycut, but Dallas needs help at the point.

Top 10 NBA Player Searches