Once again, Mario Chalmers says he’s a top 10 point guard. Again world chuckles.

Jan 29, 2013, 5:42 PM EDT

Mario Chalmers Getty Images

You want your players to be confident. To believe in themselves and their abilities. You can’t play in the NBA without a little bit of swagger.

Mario Chalmers has enough swagger for 10 NBA players. Once again on Tuesday he reiterated that he thinks he is a Top 10 NBA point guard. From Chris Tomasson at Fox Sports Florida.

“I’d say top 10,’’ the Miami Heat fifth-year man said of where he ranks. “I’m not in the lower part (of the top 10), I’m in the middle part. I just have confidence in myself. I think I can compete with the best of them…..

“That’s how I feel no matter what people say or what people think,’’ Chalmers said.

Chalmers is an ancillary cog in the Miami Heat machine, averaging 7.7 points and 3.4 assists per game. I’m not going to list a dozen players better than him, you can do that for yourself.

Of course, what do you expect him to say, “I think I’m a top-25 NBA point guard?”

A lot of NBA role players think they are better than their station, that if just given the right opportunity they could thrive. Not LeBron James/Kobe Bryant thrive, but do better than they are. But most also have the wherewithal to not say that publicly.

Chalmers is Chalmers. But it works for the Heat.

Latest Posts
  1. Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead

Apr 26, 2015, 2:37 AM EDT

Memphis Grizzlies v Portland Trail Blazers - Game Three Getty Images

Memphis’ offense was the best it has looked this series.

2. Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner

Apr 25, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT

Milwaukee Bucks v Boston Celtics Getty Images

Milwaukee forced 26 Chicago turnovers, a season high.

3. Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets

Apr 25, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT

Sean Corbin, Rick Carlisle Sean Corbin, Rick Carlisle

“The officials [have] got to get that stuff under control, because there’s too much physical stuff going on. Howard is throwing people all over the place,” Carlisle said.

4. Kawhi Leonard puts up 32 spot on Clippers (VIDEO)

Apr 25, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT

Los Angeles Clippers v San Antonio Spurs - Game Three Getty Images

The Spurs are Kawhi Leonard’s team now.

5. Arron Afflalo expected to play for Blazers in Game 3 vs. Grizzlies

Apr 24, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT

New Orleans Pelicans v Portland Trail Blazers Getty Images

Portland, down 0-2 to Memphis, needs all the help it can get.

6. NBA, 20 teams launch apps for Apple Watch

Apr 24, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT

celtics-cavs

NBA continues its technological push.

Stephen Curry starting to define playoff legacy
Top 10 NBA Player Searches