Jan 29, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT
We’re all out here planning elaborate overhauls of the Celtics roster, while Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge are preaching patience and no sudden moves.
But they are going to have to do something to bolster the roster, maybe not a grand move but something. They need some depth they can count on because the depth they thought they were bringing in this season hasn’t been reliable.
How about Keyon Dooling? He told Jessica Camerato at CSNNE.com he’s be up for a comeback.
“I’m definitely considering,” Dooling told CSNNE.com Tuesday evening. “I’ve upped my exercise starting today and if Doc (Rivers) gives me the word I will be ready.”
Dooling retired in September following an emotional summer in which he battled with repressed memories of abuse. Since then, he has re-joined the Celtics as a coordinator of player development and continues to help others through the GAMETYME Foundation.
Dooling isn’t going to provide a lot — he averaged 4 points a game last season — but it’s a veteran the Celtics trust. That could be helpful now. But Boston may just stand pat and see what this team can do for a while.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights