Jan 29, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
I don’t know if Harrison Barnes is getting invited to the NBA All-Star Weekend Dunk Contest, but he should be on the short list. This rookie can just flat out throw it down. This is far from the first time he’s ended up in his own big highlight.
In this case, Aaron Gray decides to try and play some defense — he was having the best game of his career with 22 points and 10 rebounds, so why not go for the block? — and that just adds to the highlight, because Gray or no other human was going to stop this play. All Gray did was give Barnes the and-1, although Barnes did tweak his calf on the play and will have that looked at Tuesday, the team reported.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at SI’s The Point Forward for the video.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6