Jan 29, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
I don’t know if Harrison Barnes is getting invited to the NBA All-Star Weekend Dunk Contest, but he should be on the short list. This rookie can just flat out throw it down. This is far from the first time he’s ended up in his own big highlight.
In this case, Aaron Gray decides to try and play some defense — he was having the best game of his career with 22 points and 10 rebounds, so why not go for the block? — and that just adds to the highlight, because Gray or no other human was going to stop this play. All Gray did was give Barnes the and-1, although Barnes did tweak his calf on the play and will have that looked at Tuesday, the team reported.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at SI’s The Point Forward for the video.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30