Jan 29, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
I don’t know if Harrison Barnes is getting invited to the NBA All-Star Weekend Dunk Contest, but he should be on the short list. This rookie can just flat out throw it down. This is far from the first time he’s ended up in his own big highlight.
In this case, Aaron Gray decides to try and play some defense — he was having the best game of his career with 22 points and 10 rebounds, so why not go for the block? — and that just adds to the highlight, because Gray or no other human was going to stop this play. All Gray did was give Barnes the and-1, although Barnes did tweak his calf on the play and will have that looked at Tuesday, the team reported.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at SI’s The Point Forward for the video.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)