Jan 29, 2013, 8:40 AM EST
I don’t know if Harrison Barnes is getting invited to the NBA All-Star Weekend Dunk Contest, but he should be on the short list. This rookie can just flat out throw it down. This is far from the first time he’s ended up in his own big highlight.
In this case, Aaron Gray decides to try and play some defense — he was having the best game of his career with 22 points and 10 rebounds, so why not go for the block? — and that just adds to the highlight, because Gray or no other human was going to stop this play. All Gray did was give Barnes the and-1, although Barnes did tweak his calf on the play and will have that looked at Tuesday, the team reported.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at SI’s The Point Forward for the video.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 0
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 0
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 5
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 21
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16