Jan 29, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
I don’t know if Harrison Barnes is getting invited to the NBA All-Star Weekend Dunk Contest, but he should be on the short list. This rookie can just flat out throw it down. This is far from the first time he’s ended up in his own big highlight.
In this case, Aaron Gray decides to try and play some defense — he was having the best game of his career with 22 points and 10 rebounds, so why not go for the block? — and that just adds to the highlight, because Gray or no other human was going to stop this play. All Gray did was give Barnes the and-1, although Barnes did tweak his calf on the play and will have that looked at Tuesday, the team reported.
Thanks to Ben Golliver at SI’s The Point Forward for the video.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49