Jan 29, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
The Texas Legends came calling but Allen Iverson has politely declined.
The Answer took to twitter on Tuesday to say he will not be going the D-League route to return to the NBA.
Iverson has been out of the NBA three years and the last time he was in it he was a disruptive force in the Memphis and Philadelphia locker rooms. When he was in the Philly locker room.
If he wants back in the NBA, he’s going to have to prove he still has the game and is mentally ready on another stage for a while. That can be the D-League, that can be back in Europe (he played half a season in Turkey but had injury issues), but it has to be somewhere. NBA teams are not going to just pick him up right now. If he really wants to get back to the NBA he’s going to have to take some humbling steps to make that happen and prove he has that maturity, along with still some game.
Right now, he’s not ready to do that. So we all miss out.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30