Jan 29, 2013, 10:35 AM EST
The Texas Legends came calling but Allen Iverson has politely declined.
The Answer took to twitter on Tuesday to say he will not be going the D-League route to return to the NBA.
Iverson has been out of the NBA three years and the last time he was in it he was a disruptive force in the Memphis and Philadelphia locker rooms. When he was in the Philly locker room.
If he wants back in the NBA, he’s going to have to prove he still has the game and is mentally ready on another stage for a while. That can be the D-League, that can be back in Europe (he played half a season in Turkey but had injury issues), but it has to be somewhere. NBA teams are not going to just pick him up right now. If he really wants to get back to the NBA he’s going to have to take some humbling steps to make that happen and prove he has that maturity, along with still some game.
Right now, he’s not ready to do that. So we all miss out.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 4
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 14
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 28
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7