Jan 29, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
The Texas Legends came calling but Allen Iverson has politely declined.
The Answer took to twitter on Tuesday to say he will not be going the D-League route to return to the NBA.
Iverson has been out of the NBA three years and the last time he was in it he was a disruptive force in the Memphis and Philadelphia locker rooms. When he was in the Philly locker room.
If he wants back in the NBA, he’s going to have to prove he still has the game and is mentally ready on another stage for a while. That can be the D-League, that can be back in Europe (he played half a season in Turkey but had injury issues), but it has to be somewhere. NBA teams are not going to just pick him up right now. If he really wants to get back to the NBA he’s going to have to take some humbling steps to make that happen and prove he has that maturity, along with still some game.
Right now, he’s not ready to do that. So we all miss out.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8