Jan 29, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
The Texas Legends came calling but Allen Iverson has politely declined.
The Answer took to twitter on Tuesday to say he will not be going the D-League route to return to the NBA.
Iverson has been out of the NBA three years and the last time he was in it he was a disruptive force in the Memphis and Philadelphia locker rooms. When he was in the Philly locker room.
If he wants back in the NBA, he’s going to have to prove he still has the game and is mentally ready on another stage for a while. That can be the D-League, that can be back in Europe (he played half a season in Turkey but had injury issues), but it has to be somewhere. NBA teams are not going to just pick him up right now. If he really wants to get back to the NBA he’s going to have to take some humbling steps to make that happen and prove he has that maturity, along with still some game.
Right now, he’s not ready to do that. So we all miss out.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15