Jan 29, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
The Texas Legends came calling but Allen Iverson has politely declined.
The Answer took to twitter on Tuesday to say he will not be going the D-League route to return to the NBA.
Iverson has been out of the NBA three years and the last time he was in it he was a disruptive force in the Memphis and Philadelphia locker rooms. When he was in the Philly locker room.
If he wants back in the NBA, he’s going to have to prove he still has the game and is mentally ready on another stage for a while. That can be the D-League, that can be back in Europe (he played half a season in Turkey but had injury issues), but it has to be somewhere. NBA teams are not going to just pick him up right now. If he really wants to get back to the NBA he’s going to have to take some humbling steps to make that happen and prove he has that maturity, along with still some game.
Right now, he’s not ready to do that. So we all miss out.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18