Jan 28, 2013, 10:34 AM EST
Carmelo Anthony was in one of those grooves on Sunday night. The Atlanta Hawks came to Madison Square Garden and they brought with them the aggressive Jeff Teague (we only see him every few games). When he plays their offense opens up and what you saw was the Hawks shoot 60 percent for the game.
It wasn’t enough. Anthony drained nine threes over the course of the game and hit the game-winning three the old-fashioned way, with a drive around Josh Smith where he drew the foul. J.R. Smith and Amar’e Stoudemire had good games as well, but nothing like ‘Melo.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9