Jan 28, 2013, 10:34 AM EST
Carmelo Anthony was in one of those grooves on Sunday night. The Atlanta Hawks came to Madison Square Garden and they brought with them the aggressive Jeff Teague (we only see him every few games). When he plays their offense opens up and what you saw was the Hawks shoot 60 percent for the game.
It wasn’t enough. Anthony drained nine threes over the course of the game and hit the game-winning three the old-fashioned way, with a drive around Josh Smith where he drew the foul. J.R. Smith and Amar’e Stoudemire had good games as well, but nothing like ‘Melo.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18