Jan 28, 2013, 10:34 AM EST
Carmelo Anthony was in one of those grooves on Sunday night. The Atlanta Hawks came to Madison Square Garden and they brought with them the aggressive Jeff Teague (we only see him every few games). When he plays their offense opens up and what you saw was the Hawks shoot 60 percent for the game.
It wasn’t enough. Anthony drained nine threes over the course of the game and hit the game-winning three the old-fashioned way, with a drive around Josh Smith where he drew the foul. J.R. Smith and Amar’e Stoudemire had good games as well, but nothing like ‘Melo.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 6
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 7
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 40
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18