Jan 28, 2013, 10:34 AM EST
Carmelo Anthony was in one of those grooves on Sunday night. The Atlanta Hawks came to Madison Square Garden and they brought with them the aggressive Jeff Teague (we only see him every few games). When he plays their offense opens up and what you saw was the Hawks shoot 60 percent for the game.
It wasn’t enough. Anthony drained nine threes over the course of the game and hit the game-winning three the old-fashioned way, with a drive around Josh Smith where he drew the foul. J.R. Smith and Amar’e Stoudemire had good games as well, but nothing like ‘Melo.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1