Jan 28, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
For the past three weeks, Rick Adelman has been away from the Minnesota Timberwolves, being with his ailing wife. Terry Porter has served as the interim coach.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because Adelman had yet to publicly address the situation.
Adelman returned Monday morning before the team practiced. He is hoping to coach against the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night if all is OK with his wife, Mary Kay. She was hospitalized with an undisclosed ailment.
Minnesota went 2-9 with Adelman gone, but certainly all of that does not fall on Porter as Kevin Love broke his hand in that time and the schedule was pretty unforgiving.
We wish the very best to Adelman’s wife and hope she is feeling better.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14