Jan 28, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
For the past three weeks, Rick Adelman has been away from the Minnesota Timberwolves, being with his ailing wife. Terry Porter has served as the interim coach.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because Adelman had yet to publicly address the situation.
Adelman returned Monday morning before the team practiced. He is hoping to coach against the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night if all is OK with his wife, Mary Kay. She was hospitalized with an undisclosed ailment.
Minnesota went 2-9 with Adelman gone, but certainly all of that does not fall on Porter as Kevin Love broke his hand in that time and the schedule was pretty unforgiving.
We wish the very best to Adelman’s wife and hope she is feeling better.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12