Jan 28, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
For the past three weeks, Rick Adelman has been away from the Minnesota Timberwolves, being with his ailing wife. Terry Porter has served as the interim coach.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because Adelman had yet to publicly address the situation.
Adelman returned Monday morning before the team practiced. He is hoping to coach against the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night if all is OK with his wife, Mary Kay. She was hospitalized with an undisclosed ailment.
Minnesota went 2-9 with Adelman gone, but certainly all of that does not fall on Porter as Kevin Love broke his hand in that time and the schedule was pretty unforgiving.
We wish the very best to Adelman’s wife and hope she is feeling better.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4