Jan 28, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
For the past three weeks, Rick Adelman has been away from the Minnesota Timberwolves, being with his ailing wife. Terry Porter has served as the interim coach.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because Adelman had yet to publicly address the situation.
Adelman returned Monday morning before the team practiced. He is hoping to coach against the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night if all is OK with his wife, Mary Kay. She was hospitalized with an undisclosed ailment.
Minnesota went 2-9 with Adelman gone, but certainly all of that does not fall on Porter as Kevin Love broke his hand in that time and the schedule was pretty unforgiving.
We wish the very best to Adelman’s wife and hope she is feeling better.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 5
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3