Jan 28, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
For the past three weeks, Rick Adelman has been away from the Minnesota Timberwolves, being with his ailing wife. Terry Porter has served as the interim coach.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press because Adelman had yet to publicly address the situation.
Adelman returned Monday morning before the team practiced. He is hoping to coach against the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night if all is OK with his wife, Mary Kay. She was hospitalized with an undisclosed ailment.
Minnesota went 2-9 with Adelman gone, but certainly all of that does not fall on Porter as Kevin Love broke his hand in that time and the schedule was pretty unforgiving.
We wish the very best to Adelman’s wife and hope she is feeling better.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)