J.J. Redick, you went to the Justin Bieber concert because…

Jan 28, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT

J.J. Redick AP

In a move that could force J.J. Redick to turn in his man card, he was seen at the Justin Bieber concert in Orlando last week.

You better have a good explanation for that Redick, and the Orlando Sentinel asked him for one.

Redick spent a precious Orlando Magic off-night at the Bieber concert, but there were mitigating circumstances. Redick’s wife, Chelsea, wanted to go.

“A happy wife is a happy life,” J.J. said after the Magic finished practice today. “I have a general rule that if I have an off-day during the season that I owe it to her to do what she wants unless it’s harmful to my well-being. Her and her friends wanted to go.”

Let the first man who hasn’t suffered through a painful play/movie/concert to make his woman happy throw the first insult.

Of course, why Redick’s wife likes an 18-year-old boy who looks 16 is another issue entirely.

1. themagicfanguy - Jan 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I’ve done worse to keep my wife happy. He’s smart.

2. irvness21 - Jan 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Smart man. that just bought a week in the man cave!!!

3. nbascreed - Jan 28, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Again, beta male Kurt showing his stripes.

1. No one can pull your man card but you. Learn the mechanics behind the lingo before you try to use it colloquially.

2. If you like an entertainer and you want to go to a concert go. You don’t need any more of a reason than you like their music. 10 years ago, Justin Timberlak was maligned…today he’s a fantastic artist and entertainer.

ktgotgame.com

4. nokoolaidcowboy - Jan 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Your wife likes watching boys sing?

• bearyinsane - Jan 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM

You know Redick has a boyish look to him.. just saying

5. loungefly74 - Jan 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM

happy wife…happy life!

6. dedalus13 - Jan 28, 2013 at 1:38 PM

that would be harmful to my well-being though

7. digitalpoo - Jan 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I’m pretty sure Beiber anything is harmful to your “well-being” Redick.

8. lawrinson20 - Jan 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I think if “her and her friends” wanted to go, you, uh, LET “her and her friends” go. Without you, dude. You coulda stayed at home, sipping a wine cooler and finishing that poem about the rainbow-colored dragon you’ve been working on for the past few weeks.

9. shawnc16 - Jan 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I can’t say a word, I was forced to sit through a sex in the city movie.

• Kurt Helin - Jan 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Same here.

10. diehardcubbiefan4life - Jan 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Good for him. In this day and age thats big of him to do for his wife. Kudos

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches