Jan 28, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
This was an unexpectedly fun game between two of the teams at the bottom of the standings, and with everything on the line it was the smallest guy on the court making the play.
Tie game with 7.9 seconds left and the Kings inbound the ball to point guard Isaiah Thomas, who doesn’t use the half-hearted screen and just decides that he is quicker than Garrett Temple, gets in the lane where there is no serious help and he knocks down the little teardrop floater for the win.
Thomas finished with 22 on the night to lead the Kings. The Kings needed that with a road stretch of Boston, Philadelphia, New York and Utah ahead.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 2
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 17
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 27
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6