Jan 28, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
This was an unexpectedly fun game between two of the teams at the bottom of the standings, and with everything on the line it was the smallest guy on the court making the play.
Tie game with 7.9 seconds left and the Kings inbound the ball to point guard Isaiah Thomas, who doesn’t use the half-hearted screen and just decides that he is quicker than Garrett Temple, gets in the lane where there is no serious help and he knocks down the little teardrop floater for the win.
Thomas finished with 22 on the night to lead the Kings. The Kings needed that with a road stretch of Boston, Philadelphia, New York and Utah ahead.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 13
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8