Jan 28, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
This was an unexpectedly fun game between two of the teams at the bottom of the standings, and with everything on the line it was the smallest guy on the court making the play.
Tie game with 7.9 seconds left and the Kings inbound the ball to point guard Isaiah Thomas, who doesn’t use the half-hearted screen and just decides that he is quicker than Garrett Temple, gets in the lane where there is no serious help and he knocks down the little teardrop floater for the win.
Thomas finished with 22 on the night to lead the Kings. The Kings needed that with a road stretch of Boston, Philadelphia, New York and Utah ahead.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34