Jan 28, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
This was an unexpectedly fun game between two of the teams at the bottom of the standings, and with everything on the line it was the smallest guy on the court making the play.
Tie game with 7.9 seconds left and the Kings inbound the ball to point guard Isaiah Thomas, who doesn’t use the half-hearted screen and just decides that he is quicker than Garrett Temple, gets in the lane where there is no serious help and he knocks down the little teardrop floater for the win.
Thomas finished with 22 on the night to lead the Kings. The Kings needed that with a road stretch of Boston, Philadelphia, New York and Utah ahead.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5