Jan 28, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
This was an unexpectedly fun game between two of the teams at the bottom of the standings, and with everything on the line it was the smallest guy on the court making the play.
Tie game with 7.9 seconds left and the Kings inbound the ball to point guard Isaiah Thomas, who doesn’t use the half-hearted screen and just decides that he is quicker than Garrett Temple, gets in the lane where there is no serious help and he knocks down the little teardrop floater for the win.
Thomas finished with 22 on the night to lead the Kings. The Kings needed that with a road stretch of Boston, Philadelphia, New York and Utah ahead.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 26
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 30
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 18
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 14
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26