Jan 28, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Andrew Bogut has appeared in just four games for the Warriors this season, thanks to a broken left ankle that has been slow to recover after undergoing surgery last April.
It has been Bogut’s decision all along to come back to the court when he feels ready, and that time may be upon us as early as Monday night when the Warriors are in Toronto to face the Raptors.
From Marcus Thompson II of the San Jose Mercury News:
Warriors starting center Andrew Bogut is aiming at coming back Monday night in Toronto. It will all depend on how he feels after pregame warmups. But multiple sources said Bogut is planning to give it ago.
At Monday’s shootaround at the Air Canada Centre, Bogut was wearing his practice jersey on the blue side — reserved for the starters. Plus there was a buzz about the center’s probable return.
The Warriors are being quiet on the matter and coach Mark Jackson maintains his stance that Bogut will come back when he is ready. Bogut doesn’t want to create a big to-do, one source said, and ramp up expectations.
Once Bogut returns, the minute limit that frustrated him earlier in the season will likely return with him. The team is going to ease him back in, and not force anything that could cause yet another setback.
Even if Bogut isn’t yet ready by Monday, it’s clear that he’s making progress and that a return to the team is imminent. Golden State can use all the help it can get right now, as the Warriors have struggled lately, losing seven of their last 11 games.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32