Jan 27, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
We’re not absolutely certain that this is the play where Rajon Rondo tore his ACL, but at the moment it seems to be the leading candidate.
The fine folks over at Celtics Hub did the research, and found this play from Boston’s double-overtime loss in Atlanta, where Rondo appears to come down awkwardly after taking a jumper midway through the second overtime session.
An MRI taken Sunday confirmed the ACL tear, which will sideline Rondo for the rest of the season.
The Celtics beat the Heat in double-overtime on Sunday without Rondo by a final of 100-98.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 45
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11