Jan 27, 2013, 5:01 PM EST
We’re not absolutely certain that this is the play where Rajon Rondo tore his ACL, but at the moment it seems to be the leading candidate.
The fine folks over at Celtics Hub did the research, and found this play from Boston’s double-overtime loss in Atlanta, where Rondo appears to come down awkwardly after taking a jumper midway through the second overtime session.
An MRI taken Sunday confirmed the ACL tear, which will sideline Rondo for the rest of the season.
The Celtics beat the Heat in double-overtime on Sunday without Rondo by a final of 100-98.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1