Jan 27, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
We’re not absolutely certain that this is the play where Rajon Rondo tore his ACL, but at the moment it seems to be the leading candidate.
The fine folks over at Celtics Hub did the research, and found this play from Boston’s double-overtime loss in Atlanta, where Rondo appears to come down awkwardly after taking a jumper midway through the second overtime session.
An MRI taken Sunday confirmed the ACL tear, which will sideline Rondo for the rest of the season.
The Celtics beat the Heat in double-overtime on Sunday without Rondo by a final of 100-98.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15