Jan 27, 2013, 5:01 PM EST
We’re not absolutely certain that this is the play where Rajon Rondo tore his ACL, but at the moment it seems to be the leading candidate.
The fine folks over at Celtics Hub did the research, and found this play from Boston’s double-overtime loss in Atlanta, where Rondo appears to come down awkwardly after taking a jumper midway through the second overtime session.
An MRI taken Sunday confirmed the ACL tear, which will sideline Rondo for the rest of the season.
The Celtics beat the Heat in double-overtime on Sunday without Rondo by a final of 100-98.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 5
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 5
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 14
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 35
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)