Jan 27, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
We’re not absolutely certain that this is the play where Rajon Rondo tore his ACL, but at the moment it seems to be the leading candidate.
The fine folks over at Celtics Hub did the research, and found this play from Boston’s double-overtime loss in Atlanta, where Rondo appears to come down awkwardly after taking a jumper midway through the second overtime session.
An MRI taken Sunday confirmed the ACL tear, which will sideline Rondo for the rest of the season.
The Celtics beat the Heat in double-overtime on Sunday without Rondo by a final of 100-98.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 9
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4