Jan 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
The lack of depth at the point guard position is pretty far down the list as far as reasons the Lakers have had trouble stringing together a series of wins this season.
Nevertheless, any help would be more than welcome at this point, and it appears that some will be on the way early next week.
Steve Blake expects to be back with the team Tuesday when L.A. hosts the Hornets. He broke the news himself in a post to his official Twitter account on Saturday.
— Steve Blake (@SteveBlake5) January 27, 2013
Blake has been sidelined since Nov. 11 with an abdominal strain that required surgery, followed by dealing with pain in his groin that required special plasma and cortisone shots to the area to relieve the discomfort.
Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni didn’t confirm that Blake would be ready to return on Tuesday, but did say that at least he’s got a shot.
“He’s going to play pretty soon,” Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said when asked about Blake after practice. “I don’t know when that is, but he’s working his way back. I think he wants to get in some running (Saturday) so we’ll see how that goes. Everyday will be a test for him. If he keeps passing those barriers, then you’ll see him on the court pretty soon.”
Blake has played in only seven of his team’s games this season, while averaging 5.1 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 3.4 assists in 26 minutes per contest.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48