Jan 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
The lack of depth at the point guard position is pretty far down the list as far as reasons the Lakers have had trouble stringing together a series of wins this season.
Nevertheless, any help would be more than welcome at this point, and it appears that some will be on the way early next week.
Steve Blake expects to be back with the team Tuesday when L.A. hosts the Hornets. He broke the news himself in a post to his official Twitter account on Saturday.
— Steve Blake (@SteveBlake5) January 27, 2013
Blake has been sidelined since Nov. 11 with an abdominal strain that required surgery, followed by dealing with pain in his groin that required special plasma and cortisone shots to the area to relieve the discomfort.
Lakers head coach Mike D’Antoni didn’t confirm that Blake would be ready to return on Tuesday, but did say that at least he’s got a shot.
“He’s going to play pretty soon,” Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said when asked about Blake after practice. “I don’t know when that is, but he’s working his way back. I think he wants to get in some running (Saturday) so we’ll see how that goes. Everyday will be a test for him. If he keeps passing those barriers, then you’ll see him on the court pretty soon.”
Blake has played in only seven of his team’s games this season, while averaging 5.1 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 3.4 assists in 26 minutes per contest.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 0
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 47
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12