Jan 27, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Stephen Curry was the biggest name snubbed from the Western Conference All-Star team when the reserves, as voted on by the coaches, were announced last week. Curry’s improved play is a huge reason for the Warriors surge this season, and he’s emerged as one of the game’s purest shooters.
That last part is the reason that Curry has been invited to participate in this year’s three-point contest in Houston on All-Star Saturday night. But the fact that as of now, that’s the only event he would be participating in is making him think twice about accepting the invitation.
Stephen Curry has been extended an invitation from the NBA to participate in the three-point shootout during next month’s All-Star weekend, but he’s debating whether to head to Houston for just one event.
“It would be a big commitment heading down there for one event so I’m figuring out if I’m going to make that commitment,” Curry told RealGM on Saturday night.
Curry was essentially a lock to be invited, considering his numbers from three-point distance this season. He ranks second in the league shooting 45.4 percent from beyond the arc, and ranks third in attempts with 291 — 64 more than the player who holds the top spot in the percentage rankings, Kyle Korver.
Should one of the All-Stars selected be unable to play due to injury, Curry would more than likely be the first name called in as a replacement. If that happens, there’s no reason we wouldn’t then see him in the three-point contest, where he’d have to be considered one of the favorites.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 14
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 52
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 42
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28