Jan 27, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Not true basketball fans, who will be robbed of the chance to watch Rondo control the game for a year (and really longer because it takes a while to return to your old self.
Not NBA players, who see themselves in a brotherhood and realize livelihoods are at stake and you don’t want to see those taken away.
The feelings of those players came through in comments after the game collected by A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Boston’s Jeff Green: “He’s our leader, and it hurt. It’s tough to hear that news, one of our top players go down. We have to be there for him. We just have to continue to build. Everyone collectively has to step up.”
Boston’s Kevin Garnett: “It’s tough; tough on everybody. He’s becoming the heart and soul of this team. He’s coming into his own. It’s a blow man, I’m not gonna front. It’s a blow.”
Boston’s Paul Pierce: “You have a lot of mixed emotions in here. You want to celebrate the win but you now you feel for y9our teammate, a leader. Pretty much wherever he goes, we go. It’s hard knowing that he’s going to be out for the year. It’s a tough pill to swallow.”
Miami’s LeBron James: “”It sucks. It’s terrible. As much as a competitor and as much as I’ve been a rival with Boston over the years, I never want to see anyone go down and knowing the competitor that he is and knowing how talented he is, I think it’s terrible. Not only for their team but for the league.” – Miami forward LeBron James
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 9
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 18
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32