Jan 27, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Not true basketball fans, who will be robbed of the chance to watch Rondo control the game for a year (and really longer because it takes a while to return to your old self.
Not NBA players, who see themselves in a brotherhood and realize livelihoods are at stake and you don’t want to see those taken away.
The feelings of those players came through in comments after the game collected by A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Boston’s Jeff Green: “He’s our leader, and it hurt. It’s tough to hear that news, one of our top players go down. We have to be there for him. We just have to continue to build. Everyone collectively has to step up.”
Boston’s Kevin Garnett: “It’s tough; tough on everybody. He’s becoming the heart and soul of this team. He’s coming into his own. It’s a blow man, I’m not gonna front. It’s a blow.”
Boston’s Paul Pierce: “You have a lot of mixed emotions in here. You want to celebrate the win but you now you feel for y9our teammate, a leader. Pretty much wherever he goes, we go. It’s hard knowing that he’s going to be out for the year. It’s a tough pill to swallow.”
Miami’s LeBron James: “”It sucks. It’s terrible. As much as a competitor and as much as I’ve been a rival with Boston over the years, I never want to see anyone go down and knowing the competitor that he is and knowing how talented he is, I think it’s terrible. Not only for their team but for the league.” – Miami forward LeBron James
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)