Jan 27, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Not true basketball fans, who will be robbed of the chance to watch Rondo control the game for a year (and really longer because it takes a while to return to your old self.
Not NBA players, who see themselves in a brotherhood and realize livelihoods are at stake and you don’t want to see those taken away.
The feelings of those players came through in comments after the game collected by A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Boston’s Jeff Green: “He’s our leader, and it hurt. It’s tough to hear that news, one of our top players go down. We have to be there for him. We just have to continue to build. Everyone collectively has to step up.”
Boston’s Kevin Garnett: “It’s tough; tough on everybody. He’s becoming the heart and soul of this team. He’s coming into his own. It’s a blow man, I’m not gonna front. It’s a blow.”
Boston’s Paul Pierce: “You have a lot of mixed emotions in here. You want to celebrate the win but you now you feel for y9our teammate, a leader. Pretty much wherever he goes, we go. It’s hard knowing that he’s going to be out for the year. It’s a tough pill to swallow.”
Miami’s LeBron James: “”It sucks. It’s terrible. As much as a competitor and as much as I’ve been a rival with Boston over the years, I never want to see anyone go down and knowing the competitor that he is and knowing how talented he is, I think it’s terrible. Not only for their team but for the league.” – Miami forward LeBron James
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 4
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 9
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 21
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6