Jan 26, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
That, along with the championship ring he earned a season ago might mean he’s already assured himself a spot in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
Bosh believes so, anyway. And actually, the numbers are on his side.
“Hell, yeah, of course. I’ve been a Hall of Famer like four years ago,” the Miami Heat center told FOX Sports Florida after Friday’s 110-88 win over Detroit. “And I say that very serious, though. I’ve talked about it before with my friends.”
The only eligible player in history with eight or more NBA All-Star selections who is not in the Hall is eight-time pick Larry Foust, a center who averaged 13.7 points and 9.8 rebounds from 1950-62.
“He’s on the right path,” said Heat guard Dwyane Wade. “To be in a position where he has a lot of years left, he has a championship under his belt. If we can continue to get more and he can continue to be productive, no question about it.”
It’s rare to hear players still in their prime be so brash about their legacy like this, but Bosh is an intelligent guy who likely knows his place in the game.
It’s also worth noting that most players aren’t asked about their Hall of Fame chances this way, and with good reason. Checking in with the obvious choices — i.e., every active player with more than eight career All-Star appearances — wouldn’t make sense, as all of the names on that list are no-brainer selections.
Where it starts to get interesting is when you take a look at the only other active player with eight All-Star appearances, and that’s Vince Carter. Should he be feeling as confident as Bosh is about his own Hall of Fame chances?
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9