Jan 25, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
When reports surfaced that Suns’ big man Jermaine O’Neal got in a shouting match with GM Lance Banks, then he wasn’t around the team, conclusions were jumped to. Conclusions O’Neal denied on twitter.
Now we know why O’Neal was away — and he’s lucky it was discovered and did not become anything more serious.
From Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
Jermaine O'Neal said his absence was due to an irregular heartbeat that began Tuesday. He has medication & will join the weekend Texas trip.—
Paul Coro (@paulcoro) January 25, 2013
Glad to hear he is healthy.
The Suns could use him back, O’Neal had averaged 15.6 minutes a game on the season and 6.4 points a game. However in recent weeks his minutes were starting to dip. We’ll see how new coach Lindsay Hunter wants to use him. Or if he gets moved — as a big on a one-year contract there will be trade interest.
But it will be good to just see him back on the court and healthy. That could have been serious.
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay