Jan 25, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
When reports surfaced that Suns’ big man Jermaine O’Neal got in a shouting match with GM Lance Banks, then he wasn’t around the team, conclusions were jumped to. Conclusions O’Neal denied on twitter.
Now we know why O’Neal was away — and he’s lucky it was discovered and did not become anything more serious.
From Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
Jermaine O'Neal said his absence was due to an irregular heartbeat that began Tuesday. He has medication & will join the weekend Texas trip.—
Paul Coro (@paulcoro) January 25, 2013
Glad to hear he is healthy.
The Suns could use him back, O’Neal had averaged 15.6 minutes a game on the season and 6.4 points a game. However in recent weeks his minutes were starting to dip. We’ll see how new coach Lindsay Hunter wants to use him. Or if he gets moved — as a big on a one-year contract there will be trade interest.
But it will be good to just see him back on the court and healthy. That could have been serious.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 0
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 4
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 18
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32