Jan 25, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
When reports surfaced that Suns’ big man Jermaine O’Neal got in a shouting match with GM Lance Banks, then he wasn’t around the team, conclusions were jumped to. Conclusions O’Neal denied on twitter.
Now we know why O’Neal was away — and he’s lucky it was discovered and did not become anything more serious.
From Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
Jermaine O'Neal said his absence was due to an irregular heartbeat that began Tuesday. He has medication & will join the weekend Texas trip.—
Paul Coro (@paulcoro) January 25, 2013
Glad to hear he is healthy.
The Suns could use him back, O’Neal had averaged 15.6 minutes a game on the season and 6.4 points a game. However in recent weeks his minutes were starting to dip. We’ll see how new coach Lindsay Hunter wants to use him. Or if he gets moved — as a big on a one-year contract there will be trade interest.
But it will be good to just see him back on the court and healthy. That could have been serious.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 2
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 32
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 23
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12