Jan 25, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
When reports surfaced that Suns’ big man Jermaine O’Neal got in a shouting match with GM Lance Banks, then he wasn’t around the team, conclusions were jumped to. Conclusions O’Neal denied on twitter.
Now we know why O’Neal was away — and he’s lucky it was discovered and did not become anything more serious.
From Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
Jermaine O'Neal said his absence was due to an irregular heartbeat that began Tuesday. He has medication & will join the weekend Texas trip.—
Paul Coro (@paulcoro) January 25, 2013
Glad to hear he is healthy.
The Suns could use him back, O’Neal had averaged 15.6 minutes a game on the season and 6.4 points a game. However in recent weeks his minutes were starting to dip. We’ll see how new coach Lindsay Hunter wants to use him. Or if he gets moved — as a big on a one-year contract there will be trade interest.
But it will be good to just see him back on the court and healthy. That could have been serious.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32