Jan 25, 2013, 2:25 PM EST
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the Thursday night TNT matchups, where the Knicks took care of the Celtics, and the Suns surprised a Clippers team playing without Chris Paul.
We wonder what the issues are with Boston’s offense, and whether or not they have the assets to make a trade at the deadline if they have the desire to upgrade from a talent standpoint. We then look at the Clippers, and whether or not Vinny Del Negro will be able to get DeAndre Jordan more involved in time for the postseason.
In Phoenix, the Suns are 2-0 under new head coach Lindsey Hunter, but we wonder how long that can continue given the team’s problems offensively.
All that, plus a brief chat with Chauncey Billups, who was disappointed that his teammate Jamal Crawford was left off of the All-Star team in the West. And finally, no podcast would be complete without dissecting the latest drama surrounding the Los Angeles Lakers.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0