Jan 25, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the Thursday night TNT matchups, where the Knicks took care of the Celtics, and the Suns surprised a Clippers team playing without Chris Paul.
We wonder what the issues are with Boston’s offense, and whether or not they have the assets to make a trade at the deadline if they have the desire to upgrade from a talent standpoint. We then look at the Clippers, and whether or not Vinny Del Negro will be able to get DeAndre Jordan more involved in time for the postseason.
In Phoenix, the Suns are 2-0 under new head coach Lindsey Hunter, but we wonder how long that can continue given the team’s problems offensively.
All that, plus a brief chat with Chauncey Billups, who was disappointed that his teammate Jamal Crawford was left off of the All-Star team in the West. And finally, no podcast would be complete without dissecting the latest drama surrounding the Los Angeles Lakers.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 4
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 3
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10