Jan 25, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
In this edition of the podcast, Kurt Helin and I sit down to discuss the Thursday night TNT matchups, where the Knicks took care of the Celtics, and the Suns surprised a Clippers team playing without Chris Paul.
We wonder what the issues are with Boston’s offense, and whether or not they have the assets to make a trade at the deadline if they have the desire to upgrade from a talent standpoint. We then look at the Clippers, and whether or not Vinny Del Negro will be able to get DeAndre Jordan more involved in time for the postseason.
In Phoenix, the Suns are 2-0 under new head coach Lindsey Hunter, but we wonder how long that can continue given the team’s problems offensively.
All that, plus a brief chat with Chauncey Billups, who was disappointed that his teammate Jamal Crawford was left off of the All-Star team in the West. And finally, no podcast would be complete without dissecting the latest drama surrounding the Los Angeles Lakers.
Click the link below to listen in your browser, or right-click to download to listen at your convenience.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 7
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 28
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 52
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13