Jan 25, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
Last night the reserves for the NBA All-Star game were announced — first the fans vote in the starting five, then the coaches pick the seven reserves.
Then it didn’t take long before we were talking about who got snubbed — Stephen Curry, Paul Pierce and a host of others who were on the bubble and didn’t make the cut. Curry, in particular, seemed to get people riled up, he has been the key to the Warriors resurgence averaging 20.9 points and dishing out 6.6 assists per game.
So how about expanding the All-Star game roster? LeBron James is down with that.
People are still going to say they got snubbed. You put 15 guys on the roster and we will argue about who was No. 16. Guaranteed. I see your picks and I wonder how you could leave Serge Ibaka out of the West? Look at the NCAA Tournament, 68 teams get in and we argue about who was 69, who got snubbed and left out. It’s sports, we will always argue about it.
Also, this is going to mean a lot less minutes for guys in the game, and it’s an exhibition — we are watching to see these guys play. It’s not all about just making the team. At what point are we starting to dilute the product.
Good on LeBron for putting this out there — and good on him for picking guys perceived as rivals. It’s actually a good list.
But LeBron isn’t the only one talking about it. There is starting to be a buzz and you can bet the issue will come up again.
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 3
- Report: Tony Parker got death threats during Game 1 7
- Kobe tweets he wants Howard and Gasol back with Lakers 13
- Why there’s a 100 percent chance the NBA lottery is fixed 18
- Stan Van Gundy says he will not coach anywhere next season 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay