Jan 25, 2013, 9:46 PM EDT
The reactions to the news that the New Orleans NBA franchise — the basketball artist currently but soon to be formerly known as the Hornets — will be changing its name to the Pelicans effective next season has been all over the map in terms of love-it or hate-it responses.
Go ahead and count Rockets head coach Kevin McHale as one of those who isn’t exactly intimidated by the new monicker.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 8
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73