Jan 25, 2013, 9:46 PM EDT
The reactions to the news that the New Orleans NBA franchise — the basketball artist currently but soon to be formerly known as the Hornets — will be changing its name to the Pelicans effective next season has been all over the map in terms of love-it or hate-it responses.
Go ahead and count Rockets head coach Kevin McHale as one of those who isn’t exactly intimidated by the new monicker.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50