Jan 25, 2013, 9:46 PM EST
The reactions to the news that the New Orleans NBA franchise — the basketball artist currently but soon to be formerly known as the Hornets — will be changing its name to the Pelicans effective next season has been all over the map in terms of love-it or hate-it responses.
Go ahead and count Rockets head coach Kevin McHale as one of those who isn’t exactly intimidated by the new monicker.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13