Jan 25, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Dwight Howard tweaked his shoulder Wednesday night — he ran into a Rudy Gay pick and not long after was grabbing the right shoulder, the one he missed three games because it had a torn labrum earlier in the month. Howard did not return to the lineup.
But he will be back and ready to go Friday night, tweets Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell.
So, that should solve everything, right?
Trudell also threw out this little gem.
Howard certainly doesn’t feel that way. Maybe because the touches don’t come in the way he’s used to, maybe it’s because the offense isn’t flowing through him. Maybe it’s a lot of things.
As we have discussed on this site before, D’Antoni and Howard need to figure out how they can coexist or management needs to make some hard choices to make. Right now things are not meshing. The two can form a formidable force if both would give just a little (and Howard would get healthy). But if that will happen remains to be seen.
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 1
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 23