Jan 25, 2013, 2:36 PM EST
Dwight Howard tweaked his shoulder Wednesday night — he ran into a Rudy Gay pick and not long after was grabbing the right shoulder, the one he missed three games because it had a torn labrum earlier in the month. Howard did not return to the lineup.
But he will be back and ready to go Friday night, tweets Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell.
So, that should solve everything, right?
Trudell also threw out this little gem.
Howard certainly doesn’t feel that way. Maybe because the touches don’t come in the way he’s used to, maybe it’s because the offense isn’t flowing through him. Maybe it’s a lot of things.
As we have discussed on this site before, D’Antoni and Howard need to figure out how they can coexist or management needs to make some hard choices to make. Right now things are not meshing. The two can form a formidable force if both would give just a little (and Howard would get healthy). But if that will happen remains to be seen.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 9
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 22
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15