Jan 25, 2013, 2:36 PM EST
Dwight Howard tweaked his shoulder Wednesday night — he ran into a Rudy Gay pick and not long after was grabbing the right shoulder, the one he missed three games because it had a torn labrum earlier in the month. Howard did not return to the lineup.
But he will be back and ready to go Friday night, tweets Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell.
So, that should solve everything, right?
Trudell also threw out this little gem.
Howard certainly doesn’t feel that way. Maybe because the touches don’t come in the way he’s used to, maybe it’s because the offense isn’t flowing through him. Maybe it’s a lot of things.
As we have discussed on this site before, D’Antoni and Howard need to figure out how they can coexist or management needs to make some hard choices to make. Right now things are not meshing. The two can form a formidable force if both would give just a little (and Howard would get healthy). But if that will happen remains to be seen.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 9
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 8
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5